Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pars

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pars

  1. The only M1 refurb is the base 8G/256G model.
  2. Thinking about buying an M1 Mini to replace my 2012 i7 Mini. I'm assuming that neither the RAM or internal drive are user replaceable? If so, thinking about going internal 256G SSD and 16Gb RAM ($899) plus an external Samsung 1T SSD for $139? Sound reasonable?
  3. ^This, and I'd return the replacement ones that didn't meet spec and get my money back. Much better than the excoriating review... that can come after you get your money back.
  4. My wife's best friend (and a friend of mine as well), Lori Nelson, passed away Friday. We all went to school in music together. She was a character; droll, snarky and funny, sort of like her favorite comedian, Steven Wright. She will be missed. Fuck cancer.
  5. You can have boards run for quite cheap at places like seeedstudio, etc. Upload the zip of the gerbers, make your selections, etc. and you're good.
  6. The Gerbers for Kevin's attenuator board are still available. I believe Kerry had worked up a controller board with rotary attenuator for that as well, including the software? One control that looks good and has good reviews is the Muses72320. I'm currently (very slowly) building a UGS Muse preamp based on the Pass UGS and using the NJR MUSES72320V-TE2-ND IC. There is a project on diyaudio using these chips and apparently can handle up to an 8 channel control. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/322983-muses-volume.html. The chips seem to be in short supply right now (both Digikey and Mouser carry them, both out of stock).
  7. Happy Birthday Marc!
  8. Happy Birthday!
  9. I don't Kerry, but I used to buy directly from Linear Technology. Now that they have been bought by ADI, I don't see how to do that on their website. I couldn't check to see if they even have availability.
  10. Happy Birthday!
  11. Happy Birthday!
  12. Happy Birthday!
  13. I think your comp. capacitors should be fine, but I don't know for sure. On the THAT340 replacement, no changes required. Just make sure you put them in correctly (N-JFET for NPN and P-JFET for PNP).
  14. https://store.nacsemi.com/Products/Search?part=lsk389
  15. Pars replied to swt61's topic in Off Topic
    Happy Birthday Wayne!
  16. Happy Birthday Steve!
  17. Pars replied to swt61's topic in Off Topic
    Happy Birthday Jim!
  18. Yes, very sorry for your losses gents.
  19. This was only on the one which I repaired for tkam, but I couldn't really tell much difference between them. I think tkam liked the zf better.
  20. Happy Birthday tall one!
  21. With the '70s shag carpeting, an ashtray would not feel out of place...
  22. Happy Birthday John!
  23. The two outside pins are an Enable pin and a Sense pin. Ignore and use the center 3. This epay listing has 5 pins and discusses these. Amb's don't use them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/253306361665?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=253306361665&targetid=1263104806246&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9021654&poi=&campaignid=10459841961&mkgroupid=123050526620&rlsatarget=pla-1263104806246&abcId=2146002&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwp_GJBhBmEiwALWBQk5ELjVxC7yJqYc4yYFUNldtxaPJKo5meQI6te--2Bv8zild8S4IahBoCzIYQAvD_BwE
  24. And this from the folks that brought us RoHS...
  25. So... my Windoze machine (new in June) is screwing up on OneDrive stuff. IT wanted to give me a Macbook Pro instead. Since I've been a Mac user since the '80s, I was game, until I discovered that Macs don't deal with OLE embedded docs well. No go on embedded pdfs or ppt or anything other than Word or Excel. WTF? Disappointing, but since I really need that at work, so no go on the Mac. Shit. Is this MS or Adobe, or both on this?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.