Everything posted by GrindingThud
-
The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2
Update after listening all day with it closed up - temps in the base of the heatsinks are at least 77°C, current is 14.2 mA. Yep, it’s hot. The batteries crapped out in my IR thermometer, so I used a high end contact meat thermometer between the fins, lol 🥩. The heat sinks are not in contact with the case…I may try the aluminum bar mod if it gets too hot.
-
The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2
It’s alive! Getting the offsets adjusted is so touchy…finally got it below 2mv as it drifted about. Did it without heatsinks after being on for a while. It seems to settle in around 14ma with the LTST-C170CKT LEDs and the 402R. Running 240R vice the 255R. Will likely let this cook for a while and see if it needs any tweaks. That front panel light is a bit bright…may need to tone that down a bit… 🤓
-
Happy Birthday Knuckledragger!
Happy Birthday!
-
The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2
I’ve got the group buy case…planning on adding the 5mm aluminum bar to it. Thanks Pars! I’ll need to think some more about the regulators while I wait for some MMBTA06 to come in I didn’t realize I never received… What LED and bias resistors did you end up with in the end? I’ll put mine in the sheet once it’s up and running. Likely will use 402 / 240 with the LTST-C170CKT.
-
The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2
Before I start working topside, I have a question about the onboard regulator vs the AMB. I have both, and given the ability to get it attached, which is preferred? Is it better to just use the AMB and get the heat off the board?
-
Capitol Audiofest
The golden orb thing that created an electrostatic field to “tune” the room was the pinnacle of oiliness I thought…I still feel dirty after being in the room with it. I think it was on the 6th floor too 😂
-
Speaker Porn
-
Capitol Audiofest
-
Capitol Audiofest
I will be there Saturday!
-
The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2
Thanks!
-
The Multi Amp aka Dynalo Mk2
What is the favored method for affixing the heatsinks to the output transistors? After years on the shelf, I’m finally getting around to assembling this. 🤓
-
The official Head Case broadcast thread
Weird in a good way…I enjoyed this one.
-
The official Head Case broadcast thread
- The official Head Case broadcast thread
- The official Head Case broadcast thread
- The official Head Case broadcast thread
- World War 3 Thread
The IntelCrab on twitter has pretty good information...- On Bacon
- What Happened to Head-Case?
Thank you!- Amplifier porn
Is that a WA3 down there I see? Love this setup.- and now for something completely different part 3
Nice! Makes me want to put mine in a case now.- Amplifier porn
Another vote for that phone!- The official Head Case broadcast thread
Hey, you changed your TF2 photo...cool.- The official Head Case broadcast thread
- The official Head Case broadcast thread
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.