Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Chalk

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dusty Chalk

  1. Apogee Mini-DAC? No remote? Firewire is an option. Musical Fidelity X-Can V8p? Again, no remote (this time, I'm sure). Comes with USB, though, but no Toslink. Headroom something? The one that comes with the speakers?
  2. That covers the prostitute part, where does the intellectual-ality come in?
  3. Once. A looooooooong time ago.
  4. We didn't have no "cyberschool" when I was a kid.
  5. Cerberus Shoal, Elements of Structure/Permanence
  6. I think she was asking whether or not it was user error, or a characteristic of the kit.
  7. Mr. Beer is the big name in home brew kits, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best first choice -- I've even seen these at Total Wine. So confirmation from someone who knows better would be nice.
  8. Chilly Gonzales, Ivory Tower -- how is it I've never heard of this guy before? He's huge, and he's been around forever. Accompanied Peaches on her one-woman reworking of Jesus Christ Superstar; produced, remixed, and recorded and whatnot a brazillion peoples; pianist extraordinaire; Guiness Book of World Records record-holder. Chilly Gonzales: How I wrote ... The Grudge | Music | guardian.co.uk (not the same as the album version) YouTube - Rollin' & Scratchin' (Chilly Gonzales Piano Rework) // Daft Punk
  9. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Looked more like frozen strawberries or raspberries -- can I go with frozen raspberry-covered melting chocolate please? Frozen Yak Shit is one of those foodie "delicacy" things that I don't get, no?
  10. Jay Munly, Jimmy Carter Syndrome -- if this is anywhere near as strong as the first track ("My Darling Sambo"?), I can tell this is going to be a sleeper hit with me...kind of reminds me of later Spiritualized, in the confidence of the delivery, the gospel-y aspects, and the roots-ish-ness to it...
  11. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    I was distracted by (a) the complete lack of fat jowls, and/or ( how happy he looks.
  12. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Dusty thinks those are awesome, but what is that third one?
  13. Dusty Chalk replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Off Topic
    Made my co-worker get a pair. She came back and asked me to get a second pair for her. (She flies a lot, and I'd be hard-pressed to convince her to get an external amp.)
  14. ^ That's because IDM is one of the more loosely used pigeonholes, but "yah" to the "I hate genres" comment -- the musicians make music. They don't think beforehand, "what kind of music should I make?" They make the music first, and then afterwards, when someone asks what kind of music they make, then they try to describe it. On a lighter note -- not really full-on IDM, but ambient-ish:
  15. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    His half of the conversation probably went something like this: "Hi, nice to meet you, you look like you might be really cute under all that make up, so...you're going to scare the crap out of me, and I'm going to kill you a violent death? I'm not sure I can do that to such a pretty little girl...oh, don't cry, your makeup is very convincing, you're a very scary zombie..."
  16. Dusty Chalk replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Off Topic
    In just under 10 hours (so...2-something, EST?), Etymotic ER-6i's will be going on sale for some unknown price (presumably less than their regular $73 price) at Amazon as part of their cyber week promotion. (I'm guessing Cyber Monday didn't go well enough for them, so they brought out some more deals.)
  17. Ran out of gas, amongst other things. Haven't done that in like forever.
  18. Yeah, otherwise you wouldn't be able to reign supreme over team dead-fucking last...(I think the first one that said anything was Mike).
  19. In crappy's defense, Nate, he was instructed to...
  20. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    (laughs)...oh, that's fucked up...(laughs some more)
  21. Oh yes, I remember, I wouldn't dare to suggest otherwise. I'm kind of the same way about Ghost in the Shell, although I did skip the domestic release of Ghost in the Shell: Innocence because of the lack-of-dub travesty. Except I don't have to get them when they come out -- I can wait a little bit until I found out if anything is drastically wrong, or there is definitively a better version (in the case of GitS:I -- the European version ended up being far superior, having a dub voiced by the same cast as GitS:SAC.
  22. If it's a new transfer, it's more likely than not 1080p. But...you're not waiting for the Merkin release?
  23. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    What if they were fake? EDIT: And besides, the apt comparison is not to be holding the boobs, but to be holding the rest of the girl, and shaking her back and forth in a medium-speed rocking motion, and then watch what the boobs do.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.