Everything posted by grawk
-
Which Cooking Are You?
Started cooking the Christmas roast prime rib. Ribs will spend 72 hrs in the water bath and then the roast will get 8. Will finish in the broiler.
-
HeadphoneAddict seriously injured in car accident
I'm certainly praying for them
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
I think this picture has been posted here before, but I know that guy. He was in the gun club I was in when I lived in northern Va. He usually had that on a tripod aimed at his front door. He was one of the folks I knew who worked for the company that put the back door in openssl, and being hired to do that by the FBI turned everyone I knew there kinda paranoid. Apparently the armorer's manual for that has a comment that says while it's not particularly effective against tanks, it's great for morale.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
I tend to work in ongoing projects. If you're working on specific projects that have gaps between them then sure you'd get to take that time off. Most of the environments I've experienced in the last decade run a bit lean on manpower.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
It certainly doesn't match anywhere I've worked. There may be years that you can do it but if you matter to the company it's hard to take much time at all.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
They have unlimited pto, of which you might get a few weeks a year.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
You won't ever find 2 months of vacation outside academia in the us.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
oh damn, hope everyone is in a position to get better.
-
Emotiva Pro Airmotiv powered speakers
try cork yoga blocks
-
Cable Cutters
I just switched from satellite back to cable. Mostly because I now pay for phone, internet, and all available channels what I used to pay for just internet and phone.
-
Ye Macce Threade
given that apple recommends macosforge for xquartz, I'd think that remains the best option.
-
Ye Macce Threade
it is definitely fine.
-
Ye Macce Threade
sourceforge is tricky. There's a lot of good safe code there, but they basically accept all comers, so not all their projects are clean.
-
Shave-Case: The official HC hair removal thread.
That's my favorite shaving soap so far.
-
Ye Macce Threade
Your call then.
-
Ye Macce Threade
Just make sure you have an up to date time machine backup. It will take hours to turn off firevault, and yah, it's possible, but unlikely, that something could go wrong.
-
Ye Macce Threade
If it is working for you now I wouldn't worry about it. I don't have anything nearly as new as what you use. Rest assured that you haven't mistreated your ssd, however.
-
Ye Macce Threade
no idea
-
Ye Macce Threade
I don't encrypt. Performance matters more to me
-
Which Cooking Are You?
-
Ye Macce Threade
It should be fine.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Sous vide drumsticks, plus sous vide red potatoes with fresh rosemary and lard, all finished under the broiler. Eaten too fast for pictures.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
except she'll be in jail for destruction of public property
-
SVS Ultra Towers
We get ups around 11am. But he said above its freight.
-
What are you EATING right now?
We grill at work. Not many vegans on an army base tho.