Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

grawk

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by grawk

  1. Started cooking the Christmas roast prime rib. Ribs will spend 72 hrs in the water bath and then the roast will get 8. Will finish in the broiler.
  2. I'm certainly praying for them
  3. I think this picture has been posted here before, but I know that guy. He was in the gun club I was in when I lived in northern Va. He usually had that on a tripod aimed at his front door. He was one of the folks I knew who worked for the company that put the back door in openssl, and being hired to do that by the FBI turned everyone I knew there kinda paranoid. Apparently the armorer's manual for that has a comment that says while it's not particularly effective against tanks, it's great for morale.
  4. I tend to work in ongoing projects. If you're working on specific projects that have gaps between them then sure you'd get to take that time off. Most of the environments I've experienced in the last decade run a bit lean on manpower.
  5. It certainly doesn't match anywhere I've worked. There may be years that you can do it but if you matter to the company it's hard to take much time at all.
  6. They have unlimited pto, of which you might get a few weeks a year.
  7. You won't ever find 2 months of vacation outside academia in the us.
  8. oh damn, hope everyone is in a position to get better.
  9. try cork yoga blocks
  10. grawk replied to dsavitsk's topic in TV
    I just switched from satellite back to cable. Mostly because I now pay for phone, internet, and all available channels what I used to pay for just internet and phone.
  11. given that apple recommends macosforge for xquartz, I'd think that remains the best option.
  12. it is definitely fine.
  13. sourceforge is tricky. There's a lot of good safe code there, but they basically accept all comers, so not all their projects are clean.
  14. That's my favorite shaving soap so far.
  15. Just make sure you have an up to date time machine backup. It will take hours to turn off firevault, and yah, it's possible, but unlikely, that something could go wrong.
  16. If it is working for you now I wouldn't worry about it. I don't have anything nearly as new as what you use. Rest assured that you haven't mistreated your ssd, however.
  17. I don't encrypt. Performance matters more to me
  18. I liked yesterday's enough I'm doing something similar tonight.
  19. It should be fine.
  20. Sous vide drumsticks, plus sous vide red potatoes with fresh rosemary and lard, all finished under the broiler. Eaten too fast for pictures.
  21. except she'll be in jail for destruction of public property
  22. grawk replied to postjack's topic in Speakers
    We get ups around 11am. But he said above its freight.
  23. We grill at work. Not many vegans on an army base tho.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.