Everything posted by Voltron
- slower forum
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Awesome news Vicki! I hope your dad is up and around and cursing the Tigers' management for years to come!
- Happy Birthday Tyll!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Doug would have like this one. The reason Camper English was at Jasper's last night was because they were featuring Negronis on tap, which seems like a wickedly easy way to get snockered.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
But do your mid and low regions turn glossy with a thickness, and your low region shut lightly?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
That is an awesome run of quoted pictures! I love it!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Beautiful drinks in some lovely glassware Shelly and Jim! I don't remember making the Peralta before and it looks/sounds great. Adding to the list. Marc is right, there were lots of notable features and interesting ingredients at Smuggler's Cove. I can't believe he didn't mention the Hellfire Tincture and the Pine Tree liqueur or whatever that was. Good stuff. Chris, we got the Barbados rum in your honor and I toasted the health of your child in the womb. Glad you know that rum (and even its makers), and kind of figured you would. I really enjoyed it. They say they have 300 rums, some of which are in the vault for special initiates and celebrities only. I got the tasting card with the first 20 needed to join the Rumbustion Society as a Disciple of the Cove, but the St. Nicholas was not on it so it didn't count. Oh well, better go back again sometime.... Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen just recently opened in Union Square and is a nice simple layout without a lot of pretension. Their gimmick is good beer and beer cocktails, but they don't take it too seriously, and their cocktail list is nicely put together. We were assisted by the man running the bar, Kevin Diedrich, who just left another hot SF spot, The Burritt Room, and he was helpful and very cool. I started with a Belgian Sucker Punch, which I think was Duvel Green, Plymouth Gin and a bit of lemon/lemon wheel. It tasted like a beer, but the sucker punch is the extra kick from the gin. It was fine but Marc's Weissen Sour -- a whiskey sour with bourbon and then a floater of Hoegarden wheat beer -- was very tasty although it should have come with a stirrer or straw so that Marc would not have slurped off most of the beer in his first sip. Marc said he was interested in trying something with the Gran Classico bitters, so Kevin poured us a taste and then whipped up something with it. I can't recall what it was but it was tasty. I had a rye/applejack/benedictine/yellow chartreuse drink from their menu called a Grand Promenade and it was great. The last feature of our evening was meeting Camper English, a cocktail blogger found at http://www.alcademics.com/. He sat down near us and was chatting with Kevin. His article about Jasper's was where I heard about it and got curious. He was pleasant enough and we chatted about the menu and his impending trip to Poland to check out Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka's distillery. It was fun to rub elbows with the cocktail cognoscenti. Come to town more often, HC cocktailians!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Curtis Fuller Quintet -- Blues-ette
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Que? Just listen to it. I know it isn't a Basie and Zoot or anything, but I'm pretty sure you'll dig it anyway.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
The Curtis Fuller Jazztet with Benny Golson
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
- What are you listening to Part the Third
I'm of two minds regarding this album... Just kidding, I love it.- What are you listening to Part the Third
Wayne Shorter -- Schizophrenia- And now what did you do TODAY?
What the hell is wrong with you?! How could you post something on topic and mess up the whole mood of the thread, Jim? And you had better get back in that cave, Chris. Don't you know there is a financial crisis going on?!- IPB 3.2 Upgrade
Thanks Todd! Tapatalk still seems bonked, and I could not get Safari to work on my iPhone for awhile after you announced the update. I signed out and then shut down the phone without any positive effect, but it now seems to be working.- And now what did you do TODAY?
I'm building a bunker.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I went with a Perfect Manhattan and it is quite light and refreshing with the unaged rye. Cheers to Ric and Mel!- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I was thinking about a manhattan and now I feel compelled to try to catch up, even though Giants baseball will have to sub for The Citizen- What are you EATING right now?
Looks good David even though I don't think I would choose to make liver. I used a former Reks knife to make dinner tonight too! We made grilled sausages (bratwurst and garlic) and corn fritters with peppers and scallions. The bell pepper and scallions were so easily and finely chopped! I also bought a nice wood magnetic knife holder but realized I don't have a wall long enough to mount it conveniently. D'oh!- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Rye Blinker 1 fl. oz Bulleit Rye .25 fl. oz Raspberry Liqueur .75 fl. oz Fresh Lemon Juice 1.5 fl. oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice .5 fl. oz Simple Syrup Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into a Collins glass with new ice. Garnish with a grapefruit peel. His & hers. Went down nicely on the front porch in Mayberry on a warm evening.- slower forum
Way to get in touch with your feminine side, Duggeh!- FiiO E7 DAC Held Captive & Tortured
- And now what did you do TODAY?
It's ok to just come out and say you can't believe how old Dan is. You don't have to beat around the bush.- Which Cooking Are You?
Three lazy dogs in that shot! At least the two on the floor don't drink as much beer.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Love the Diplomatico Rum. Since you're the Clock Bar regular, hopefully you can introduce me this week. But if anyone suggests Old Panther Piss, I'm walkin'! It's been a long weekend in which my daughter returned from NYC after three weeks away, my nephew got married, I attended a mass in honor of my mother who so wanted to be at that wedding, and I saw the Giants win finally with a different nephew. After passing out upon returning home this afternoon I woke up in time to make cocktails for dinner. First was a round of Remember the Maine cocktails with Claire, according to the Regan recipe: And after dinner I made myself a cocktail from the PostProhibition.com website but I don't have Death's Door gin to make the name make sense: Death's Door Cocktail 2 oz gin .75 oz Lillet blanc .50 Averna .25 oz creme de cassis orange peel garnish Not bad, but nothing special. That looks like a specimen in a jar... - What are you listening to Part the Third
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.