Everything posted by Voltron
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Agreed. It is teh seks. On the other end of the spectrum, I have been chubbed up since seeing the 4-SSD Thunderbolt array that is in the Light Peak demo video. Mamacita!
-
Ye Macce Threade
To quote Wired: Thunderbolt plugs have the same shape as the Mini DisplayPort connectors in all recent Macs, and it’s compatible with them, so you can plug an older monitor into a new Thunderbolt port (even using a DVI, HDMI or VGA adapter) and it will still work. You won’t have a data channel, but the video connection will function.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Tree fiddy and a cookie, here.
-
Ye Macce Threade
Awesome Shelly! Congrat.
-
Ye Macce Threade
I was definitely thinking the same way, along with "why not get it all" if the school is paying?
-
Ye Macce Threade
That's cool! It makes most sense to swap from the included HDD to a better SSD, right? JP just did that for my Mac Mini and it is such a great thing. I wonder if the RAM price difference is worth doing as well.
-
Apple Tablet
- Oppo BDP-95
Like the Post-man said, the BDP-95 is very well packed and thoughtfully comes with all the cables you need and a USB wireless adapter that I wasn't even aware was included. It is a very sleek and solid unit and the basic setup was entirely painless. I set up Netflix streaming wirelessly for now, and it played an entire movie fine even though Netflix or Oppo threw up a warning that my connection was weak and there would likely be drop-outs (image quality admittedly wasn't top notch but would improve with ethernet connection or better wifi). I am looking forward to getting the Gallo Stradas set up to better hear what it can do on the audio front. Impressed so far, and already happy I made the leap to the 95.- What are you EATING right now?
- What are you listening to Part the Third
Deerhunter -- Cryptograms- slower forum
Ron Burgundy jazz flute gif is awesome!- Ye Macce Threade
The Link to AnandTech has a decent technical summary of the new models. I was planning on 8GB RAM and the 256GB SSD, but the annoying thing is that SSD is apparently priced off the charts compared to the 128GB, which is pretty much at market price. Still, I have to think that 128GB would feel limiting and I will definitely get AppleCare so replacing on my own is not an option. And Dinny, the 27" iMac is amazing. Not portable, but a great desktop/TV/etc.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Bensonhurst Cocktail 1 3/4 oz rye (Bourye) 2/3 oz dry vermouth (Dolin dry) Barspoon maraschino (Luxardo) Barspoon Cynar Stir with ice and garnish with oversized orange peel.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Continuing with the Cynar explorations: Choke Artist from The Art of the Bar, by Jeff Hollinger and Rob Schwartz * 1 ounce Cynar * 1 ounce Anejo tequila (I used Cazadores Reposado) * ½ ounce fino sherry (I used Amontillado) * 5 dashes Stirring's Blood Orange Bitters * Extra-wide orange twist for garnish Technique: Combine the Cynar, tequila, and sherry in an ice-filled mixing glass and stir. Add the bitters to a chilled snifter and roll around to coat the glass. Pour the Cynar and tequila mixture into the snifter. Garnish with the orange twist.- What are you EATING right now?
That looks fucking killer. I love rye bread and rarely eat it. Want porterhouse with rye NOW!- And now what did you do TODAY?
Haters gonna hate. Bastard fucks.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
That sounds familiar.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
We have an iSi syphon like this one, and quite liked it when we were actively using it. Maybe this is another reason to buy some CO2 cartridges and use it again.- What are you listening to Part the Third
Loch Lomond -- Little Me Will Start a Storm- slower forum
Here's a little more help to get you going:- What are you listening to Part the Third
Toro y Moi -- Underneath the Pine The Low Anthem -- Smart Flesh- slower forum
Betty had a blue period too:- Post the last thing you bought!
Nasty mind.- Ye Macce Threade
Yep, I feel the same. The upcoming Macbook Air has been my main target but the loaded 15" MBP with SSD is going to give it a serious run for the money. I am going to the Store to check them out and see if I can deal with the weight difference.- MacBook Pro Advice
It's backwards compatible and even uses adapters to FW, USB, and other connectors. The first 500GB SSD by LaCie already looks badass: Little Big Drive Thunderbolt - Oppo BDP-95
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.