Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
And I am going to join Marc at that ambiguous time of day! If I didn't have meetings with contractors this evening I could try to crash some more parties with him too!
-
Cool Article in the most recent Atlantic on "3D" audio
Excellent point! Maybe he should call his headphone speakers the Oxymorons.
- Deals
- Importance of layout
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Yeah, the Carthusian seems to be a Greenpoint with green Chartreuse instead of yellow. The bitters component seems to be up for grabs because some Greenpoints have none, some have a dash each of Angostura and orange, and the B&B version has just orange. These are all variations on the wonderful Brooklyn -- and aptly named for neighborhoods therein -- this blog entry is a nice rundown: Exploring the Burrough. Duggeh needs to focus on the Bensonhurst given his Cynar substituting ways, and don't miss the Park Slope in the comments. Good detective work Marc!
-
Happy 50th Birthday swt61!!!
I hope you get to work some wood on this special day! And maybe even make it into the shop. Have a great one, Steve! Cheers! p.s. Alden says: Steven!! Have a great birthday!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Whist Cocktail 1/4 Bacardi rum (1oz Zacapa) 1/4 sweet vermouth (1oz Perucchi) 1/2 Calvados (2oz Pommeau de Mormandi) I had to improvise alternatives in the same family as the Bacardi and Calvados but this is very tasty. Kind of like a spiced apple cider of cocktails. I wish I had the Clement silver rum I have yet to open and a Calvados would give it more bite still.
-
Which Cooking Are You?
- And now what did you do TODAY?
Warning labels are for babies! You've got plenty of blood, so drink up Dinny!- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Problem solved.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Get bigger cables.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
In reality, that was the same thing I referred to.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Toss a little Eagle Rare on top and see how that does.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Lucky!- Happy Birthdays Edwood and cclragnarock!!
Happy birthdays to a couple of Cali 'Casers! Cheers!- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Jim, you should rent this movie (and the Extras DVD) to get inspiration. It is about the Carthusian monks who make Chartreuse.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
His and Hers Chinato Manhattans 4oz Russell's Rye 2.5oz Cocchi Barolo Chinato 3 dashes Fees orange bitters Cherry Nice change of pace. Also, most of my booze is in Mayberry so the repertoire is limited.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
PM Marc because he is at B&B tonight! Get him on the case.- What are you reading now?
I enjoyed World War Z and look forward to the movie. Maybe I will expand my zombie reading to a second book with Feed.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Russian River Consecration from a bottle to console myself for passing up Toronado's RRBC "tion" night. The list of special beers on tap was long but the crowd was 5-deep around the entire bar and I didn't want to get home late. Bummer.- Bill Frisell Show Sat 2/19 in NYC
vinicius cantuaria- Post the last thing you bought!
I still haven't opened the Eagle Rare 17. Seeing as my Stagg is almost all gone, I guess I better give it a shot! Plus, I seem to have magically scored a High West Rendezvous so I want to crack that one as well.- New Rega DAC
Cool Todd! Enjoy the new toy.- Post the last thing you bought!
No, but the phone support was escalated to a specialist or some such who thought that I should go in for one more repair effort. I then helped to convince the Genius that it was a lost cause and how much of a hassle I had been through. Thanks.- Post the last thing you bought!
Kick it up a notch! Enjoy them Vicki. Yesterday, I bought AppleCare for a new 27" iMac that I received for free because my 2.5 year 24" iMac was in for the third time for repair in the last 2 weeks. Pretty sweet to get a new computer and then get insurance covering it for 3 more years! All's well that ends well, I guess. - And now what did you do TODAY?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.