Oppo BDP-95

postjack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what we need, another Sabre chip device for HF to explode over.

to be fair it's also very universal. bluray, sacd, DVD-a, hdcd, and hirez flac (even multichannel flac). and less then a grand, from a company known for quality on the cheap.

true digital input not withstanding, it's the source I've always wanted.

to be fair it's also very universal. bluray, sacd, DVD-a, hdcd, and hirez flac (even multichannel flac). and less then a grand, from a company known for quality on the cheap.

true digital input not withstanding, it's the source I've always wanted.

Pretty much. Of course with anything you're going to get fanboys/insanity, but this actually has the workings of somethin that's pretty sound, atleast on paper anyways.

• 5 weeks later...

This showed up in my email. They're getting ready to get this 95 unit out:

Thank you for signing up to receive information about our upcoming OPPO BDP-95 Blu-ray Disc Player. We appreciate your support and would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase an OPPO BDP-95 before its wide release. Initial availability is limited to units in stock and orders will be fulfilled on a first-come-first-served basis. Orders received after the initial stock is sold out will be fulfilled in early March when the general shipment arrives.

Based and expanded upon the BDP-93 Blu-ray player, the BDP-95 is redesigned from the ground up for the audiophile. In addition to all of the features shared with the BDP-93, the BDP-95 adds a Toroidal power transformer, two ESS SABRE32 Reference ES9018 Audio DAC chips, dedicated Stereo and Balanced XLR Output.

Since the BDP-95 shares the same software as the BDP-93 (released in December, 2010), you will not have to worry about the BDP-95's stability. All firmware enhancements will be installed on your BDP-95 prior to it shipping.

The retail price for the BDP-95 is $999. The following is a special link for you to place your order for the BDP-95, while supplies last. We only have a very limited quantity available, so please do not share this unique link with anyone else.

Additional Terms & Conditions:

* Warranty and Return Period - Per our standard warranty and return policies, the warranty and return periods begin on the day your player is shipped to you.

* Limit 1 per customer.

* Orders will be fulfilled beginning February 1 through February 4.

* Restricted to U.S. addresses only.

* All orders subject to verification and available inventory.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

OPPO Digital, Inc

2629 Terminal Blvd. Suite B

Mountain View, CA 94043

Tel: 650-961-1118

Fax: 650-961-1119

www.oppodigital.com

I'm still having the same fence sitting argument with myself about how nothing's wrong with my 83, etc. blah blah blah but I am thinking about it. I take it you had one of those emails, too?

If I already had a decent source I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger.

Having said that, the 95 really is the source I've been waiting for. Plays all the physical formats, including HDCD, and even plays hi-rez flac files! This way I can sell my squeezebox touch and just keep a thumb drive I load up on my PC with a couple albums I want to listen to that day. Also important, its right in my price range. Its the perfect mid-fi source for my needs, and I anticipate it being the last source type purchase I'll make for a very very long time. hell maybe ever, so long as it works. I don't see any new physical formats coming out anytime soon.