Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
First drink, Shelly, but the Bols bottle is so attractive that I always pick the pic focused on it.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Using Jim's recipe for this drink, which I have never heard of. The Alamagoozlum Cocktail 1/4 egg white 1 oz genever (Bols) 1 oz water (filter) 3/4 oz Jamaican rum (Appleton's V/X) 3/4 oz yellow Chartreuse or green Chartreuse (Yellow) 3/4 oz gomme syrup (Small Hands) 1/4 oz Curaçao (Curacao of Curacao) 1/4 oz Angostura bitters Shake hard and long (no comments) with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- And now what did you do TODAY?
-
Which Cooking Are You?
Everything should come with tikka masala sause. Nice dish, Shelly.
-
Apple Tablet
Thanks Nate.
-
Apple Tablet
Sorry, not specific enough. Non-audiophile, non-gear-oriented, non-techy secretary seeks dock-able speaker or bluetooth/wifi powered speakers or some such simple device to play tunes from iPad. Portable or transportable preferred. Thank you.
-
Apple Tablet
Any recommendations for a non-audiophile who wants speakers to play music off of her iPad?
-
New Forum Software
I haven't gotten an email notification since the change, even though I think I have it set up to email when I get PMs and the email is listed correctly.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
When in the hell are you coming to my hood without even checking in with your buddy?
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Built a Red Hook with Shelly's proportions except 2.5 oz Wild Turkey rye because that was all that was left in the bottle. Nom Nom Nom
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Beautiful Red Hook Shelly. I just made some around new year's and it is a tasty treat. Thanks for the first impressions, Jim. How was the Alamagoozlum? I really need to drink some wine with Greg one of these days. I forgot to mention I am having a nice Brooklyn with Wild Turkey rye 101, Torani Amer, Dolin Blanc, and Luxardo Maraschino
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Seems like it was only yesterday.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Awesome lineup Jim, and Reks is right that warning label is all win. Bitchin' knife, Shelly! It doesn't look gaudy to me, and I bet the blade will be much more subtle looking in person.
-
Which Cooking Are You?
Nice spatchcocks!
-
Which Cooking Are You?
Funny you should ask, Mike, because I was about to post a quick pic from last night. I called the Meat Meister for a quick pep talk before using the Traeger for the first time and got some good tips. I bought a small pork loin roast and a small slab of baby back ribs but it was too late for a low and slow option. I got the Traeger going on Smoke, and then covered the meat with a good coating of Butt Rub, not knowing just how salty and spicy it was. I smoked them for about 45 minutes and then turned up the heat to high and cooked them for another 45 minutes or a little more, turning them once. It turned out it was a little long for the roast because there was no pink but the great thing was that it was moist and tender with a great crust from the rub. The ribs took in a lot more of the smoke and were really spicy and juicy and delicious. Everyone else was scraping off a bit -- or a lot -- of the rub but I loved it. There is a learning curve, of course, but this thing is damn easy and the next one will be more low and slow.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
I was tuned in elsewhere obviously because I just caught this news flash. Sorry to hear about it Jacob, but as I said the last time you two broke up it seems like it is for the best.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Nice Darb Shelly and welcome back to the world of chilled drinks! I think Becky may have something, there, Gene.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Nice haul Shelly, but sorry about the knife not working out. Enjoy the new speakers Colin. Jacob is knife crazy! That one looks wicked!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
For science! Nice going Jim. Now drinking a Green Flash Imperial IPA. Good stuff.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
w00t!!!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Jim, I haven't tried that many but I do not love the Bols like I love Ransom for Old Tom style. I have had and liked Anchor's Genevieve but I'm not sure it is a traditional genever. I'm curious what you get and how you like it because I would like to get another option. Very cool Mike! But don't get too cool when you drinking outside later! Dinny, I think your problem last night was combining those two. That would not make a tasty cocktail!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
That looks great Marc!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I had a dram of Old Rip Van Winkle at work, and then a 21st Am IPA with dinner and then a very nice Manhattan with Saz 18 and Perucchi red vermouth. I like the new vermouth in red, but need to try the blanco.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
German shorthairs are awesome dogs! Of course, if you haven't had a dog and now have to deal with the responsibilities then I can understand the but I hope you love her and the family enjoys having a dog. And good on you for getting a rescue!
-
What are you EATING right now?
Knucks was taking his mom to the hospital today, Dusty. Me. Eat. Now: