Everything posted by Voltron
-
Happy Birthday Absorbine_Sr!
I got you Three Floyds for your birthday! Pretty Boy, Pink, and . . . the Barber! Have a great birthday Mike. I, too, will hoist a few in your honor tonight! Cheers!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Stagg, Redbreast and Saz 18. You folks aren't slumming it tonight! I am having a Gin Buck with North Shore No. 6, Fentiman's ginger beer and juice of half of a lemon. Tasty and sharp. Not quite as sweet and hot as the Stagghattan but interesting in its own right.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Sweet and Hot!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Ooh, I wish you could do ours for the bathroom. We have gone back and forth yea and nay on poured concrete but I think it would be very cool. If cooler with Dr. Wood love in it (yes, I assume you jizz in the mix just to personalize it).
-
HD800? Another rumor?
Good point. We'll have to make sure and pound the same thought into their heads more directly then.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Hey, that's what I do most of the time these days!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
White Lies -- Ritual
-
How do you get rid of Noisy Frogs?
@ Fitz. This is the other thing that crossed my mind:
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Gotta try 'em out.
-
How do you get rid of Noisy Frogs?
Homemade Napalm
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Saw a martini-style cocktail called the Gloom Lifter, Shelly. Coming right up! Meanwhile, I just poured a little Pappy 19yo over an ice cube and I intend to drink it shortly.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
San Martin Cocktail 3 parts dry gin (1.5+ oz Blackwoods finishing the bottle) 3 parts Italian vermouth (1.5 oz Punt y Mes) 1 part yellow Chartreuse (.5 oz) Stir and squeeze a lemon peel on top. Tasty, not dissimilar from the Guards, but more subtle and complex while less bitter.
- New Forum Software
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Guards Cocktail from the Jimmy Late of Ciro's 1930 bar book 1 oz Dry Gin (Blackwoods) 2 oz Italian vermouth (Punt y Mes) 2 dashes Curacao Stirred and strained over new ice even though it is probably meant to drunk up. Tasty with the bitter Punt y Mes. Kind of Negroni-like.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Either Dolin Dry or Noilly Prat Dry. Vya might be a bit much for it.
-
Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse
I'm in, and would appreciate suggestions for the best "weekend bag" choice.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Just paid Min, so I guess that I can say I bought this now. AD1 Balancing Act, which will be the preamp in my Moth/EC setup in Mayberry. Oh, and I can skip the search for the Moth switchbox now. Mike, Boodles is one of my favorite martini gins. So smoooove.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Don't forget Chicago deep dish pizza, Thai at the temple, those donuts in Kure Beach, and Alaskan tacos!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Gregg Allman -- Low Country Blues
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I did enjoy it, but the Golden Dog is way more interesting. I should have noted that I used the Pappy 19yo instead of BT as the recipe specified. So sorry that your time is too tight for cocktails, and hope your ice and time woes end soon!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
North Garden cocktail also from Regan's Cocktailian column this week in SFGate 1/4 ounce of Laphroaig (Lagavulin 18) 1 1/2 ounces of applejack 3/4 ounce of Buffalo Trace bourbon dash of Angostura bitters teaspoon of a demerara sugar syrup that (2 parts sugar to 1 part water Stir and enjoy.
-
Does my Onkyo C-S5VL Internal AMP sounds as good as WA6
Sell your WA6. And also who cares.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I almost said that I bet the beer list could make it worthwhile given the psuedo cocktails made with beer, but I was in mood. Now correcting that mood with a scotch whisky cocktail: Golden Dog 1.5 oz Talisker (Lagavulin 18) .5 oz Benedictine .5 oz Lillet Blanc .5 oz R&W Apricot liqueur Shake (stir) well and serve in a chilled cocktail glass. Smoky, complex and quite nice. Claire took a sip and practically spat it out saying that it was like drinking Liquid Smoke. I disagree.
- Meet Neko!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I recommend leaving and finding an actual bar.