Everything posted by Voltron
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Yay! communist Nate and Yay! socialism!
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Anvil Friday Night! To fulfill the Mojito requirement, I turned to the trusty 1946 Stork Club Bar Book and found the following variation: Mojito Highball 2 oz Appleton Estate V/X rum 1 tsp superfine sugar juice of half lime plus the rind 1 cube of ice (ok, 3 cubes) Serve in a highball glass. Fill with soda. Decorate with 3 sprigs of rind [of mint]. Stir. Light, refreshing and not cloying like most syrupy Mojitos. Nice. Next, I decided to take my medicine even though I did not have proper white creme de menthe. Luckily, Wondrich and the Savoy each went with a 1/4 to 3/4 ratio rather than the even parts recipe in the Stork. Stinger 3/4 oz white [green] creme de menthe 2 1/4 oz Maison Surrenne cognac Shake well and strain into sherry glass or cocktail glass. Wow that is green. I wish I had better and more appropriate creme de menthe (Wondrich recommends finding the French brand "Get"), but I admit that it is appealing in a retro sort of way. People in my parents' and grandparents' generations drank a lot of creme de menthe drinks and it has a way of bringing me back to being a kid at parties or restaurants. Now I get to make and drink them, though, so that is a good thing. 10 to go, and hopefully more to cross off tonight.
-
The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
Great to hear Craig!
-
Need a bit isolation and good sound
I gets all teh bass. But now I have neck and back strain.
-
The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
- The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
Now I have two competing fantasy images of Craig: either he's in blissful audio Nirvana playing music nonstop and achieving new levels of awareness --or-- he's been electrocuted by the T2. I know the reality is more mundane, but whenever this happens that kind of thing runs through my head.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Going way back for a Jerry Thomas punch recipe, although I cannot find one called "special punch" either. I should have done the Arrack Punch now that I think about it, but I went for this instead: Gin Punch 1 tablespoon raspberry syrup 2 teaspoons sugar 2 oz water 3 oz Holland gin (Bols Genever) Juice of half small lemon 2 slices of orange [1 piece pineapple] Fill tumbler with shaved ice. Shake contents well and ornament the top with berries. Sip through a straw. Should have added a dash or two of Maraschino that he included in some recipe variation because it would have made it a little more complex. Nice, refreshing and could be great as a big punch at a party. 12 more to go! Oops. Got used to adding the e.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Awesome grog, Jim, and such beautiful crushed ice! There's actually three of them, but they aren't pricey so maybe I will do the hat trick. Back to the Anvil... Port Flip from the Stork Club Bar Book. 2 oz port wine Grahame's 1992 vintage 1 tsp superfine sugar 1 whole egg Shake with ice, strain into wine glass, and shave nutmeg on top. Damn tasty, and I had been dreading this one and the Coffee Cocktail as well. I remember Jim saying this was the better of the two, so I eased into it.- Post the last thing you bought!
Let us know how the Boker's is Jim, assuming you don't die from the snakeroot!- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Thanks Antonio, but it is readily available here for $18/liter.- And now what did you do TODAY?
That was fast! Congrat Colin!- Geneapalozza: A Celebration Of All Things Gene
Thanks for all the work to get these done Carl (and Bonnie)!- slower forum
- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Anybody tried these? They are at a local shop but I know nothing about them.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Congrat Chris! Looks good Shelly. And later you can use the mini for vermouths and other bar supplies!- The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
Congrat Craig! And I second this^ emotion!- CES - Anyone else here?
Go get 'em Ethan! Good luck!- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Nice looking drinks, Jim, especially the Toronto with the shot of cleanser on the side! I had a Boodles martini at an alumni reception, a Sapporo at a Japanese restaurant with my one former professor friend, and then at home a Shandy Gaff with left over Fentiman's and Samuel Smiths.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Sorry about that Shelly. The floor should dry out or you can sand the shit out of that spit.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Screw you, lawbreaker. I ordered an Entwhistle based on the name but an ingedient was missing so the bartender improvised a Daltrey for me instead. I plan to come back here.- Monster on the prowl again.
Perhaps more importantly are the ears and brains inside the passenger compartment.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Sazerac cocktail at rye bar.- Post the last thing you bought!
BittersMania!- What are you listening to Part the Third
Regina Carter -- Reverse Thread- And now what did you do TODAY?
Ha! I got up to mid-season 3 and then passed along the discs. I just got them back and hope to power through to the end before giving them back to Ric. - The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.