Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Bear Republic Racer X on tap, followed by a DFH Worldwide Stout on tap. First one very good, second one very sweet. Weird progression.
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
I just saw that too, Haj. Pretty amazing. I may have to dump AT&T. Anybody know if my current 3GS would work on Verizon?
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
But you are a fine hunk of young asshole, so that is OK I guess.
-
Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4221[/ATTACH] It seems like the link got bonked before, but I made myself laugh when I found that image.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
That is Spritzer's prize-winning best cake in Iceland. He posted the pic today, and you have ruined it! Nice going asshole.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
I am in a foul mood and need a drink. I think beer is in order. How's that Black Lager, Mike?
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Here's another fresh cake:
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Til hamingju Birgir!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Joe Lovano | Us Five --Bird Songs Charlie Parker tunes. Esperanza Spalding on bass. Good stuff.
-
Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse
He pulls the strings, and we all dance. . .
-
What are you EATING right now?
Giviak. It's mamaqtualuk! Jacob Blue Eyes will understand.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
So, I made the Arnaud's with Edradour, Dubonnet Rouge, and Fees Orange Bitters and it seemed like it was tasty but I drank it so fast it is hard to say. I then decided that I needed a comfort drink so I made a Manhattan with Willett's awesome 2yo cask strength rye, which I found the other day for $35 and need more than the two bottles I bought, Dolin Rouge and Fees Cherry Bitters. I skipped the fruit garnish with both of these drinks because I wasn't in the mood.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Is that the name of a cocktail, because I think I need another one.
-
Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse
Nate has a big back. Just sayin.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Yeah, we're moar hard core! Anvil Fail I'm personally so hard core that I took nice pictures of the Ramos Fizz I made tonight and then deleted them without posting one! I uploaded them onto a laptop because my son was on the iMac (where they belong), but because the laptop hard drive is maxing out and the iMac was now free I not only deleted them from that iPhoto but also emptied the trash. I only remembered that I had clicked "Delete Photos" at the end of the prior upload when I saw that there weren't any pictures on the card. A fizz is meant to be drunk quickly, and I had obliged wholeheartedly so it was too late for any re-do. I'm still claiming credit for this one because I am down to 4 drinks on the Anvil List and I want to be done. I'm making an Arnaud's Special right now damnit!
-
Sorry, need some advice on music Macs rather quick.
I'm not the most knowledgeable computer person around here by any stretch, but if you need to do all that shit on the road, you won't be able to do it well or at all with a Macbook, so you might have to get the Macbook Pro and build a server.
-
What are you drinking now, pt 2.
- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Whisky Skin the master Jerry Thomas c/o the 2 oz Lagavulin 16 1 tsp Demerara sugar 1 peel of lemon rind hot water I followed Jim's basic steps in the first post of this useful thread, pt. 2. Thomas suggested either Glenlivet or an Islay so I went the peatier, brinier and smokier way. I also doubled the thin lemon peels with no pith that Wondrich specifies. Not bad at all, but I am not sure I will skin another anytime soon unless I find myself snowed in somewhere with the ingredients at hand. Jim, your image and execution of the Arnaud's Special Cocktail are both outstanding. Good reminder about the Air Mail, Marc, I recall enjoying that one very much indeed. How long does it take to get a refrigerator in Texas?! I cannot believe you are still waiting, Shelly. Sucks.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Anvil in the evening. Coffee Cocktail using the 1949 Esquire Handbook for Hosts* recipe: 1 pony of brandy (1 oz Pellehaut Armagnac) 2 ponies of port (2 oz Graham's 1992 vintage) 1 egg yolk 1/4 tsp sugar Shake with ice and strain into claret glass. Not bad, especially given Jim's poor reaction to it. Claire quite enjoyed it. Milk Punch from Jerry Thomas's recipe by way of Wondrich in Imbibe! 2 tsp sugar 2 tsp water 2 oz brandy (Pellehaut Armagnac) 1 oz rum (Zacapa) Tumbler 1/3 full of shaved ice Dissolve the sugar in the water, add the spirits and then "fill with milk" (which I took to mean about the same amount of milk as the rest) and shake with ice. Strain into tumbler with ice and top with nutmeg. If you add an egg, you get egg milk punch, aka egg nogg, and this really tastes like it. I like. *Another gift from my sister whose vintage shop hopping in Minneapolis is really paying off!- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Anvil in the afternoon. Aperol Spritz 1.5 oz Aperol 2 oz sparkling wine (Sofia) Orangle slice Splash of soda water Build in glass with some ice cubes. I doubled the recipe to use up the can of Sofia. Tasty.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Sierra Nevada Tumbler- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
w00t! Nicely done Jim! And glad that Emelius got his supply of Russian River brews!- Which Cooking Are You?
Mario Batali's recipe for Pork Shoulder a la Porchetta, roasted carrots, cheesy polenta and Sophie's creme brulee for dinner tonight with friends.- What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Not in the land of Oz, but I own the house that my grandfather lived in for 25 years and inherited a lot of very cool barware and glassware. Those little champagne glasses are some of my favorites, especially with a neon beverage in them. Gonna have to get some faux-Bokers, and I really like both the gum syrup in general and the East India Cocktail in particular. I have not made many juleps, but that or the Zombie will be my last one from the list. Sorry about the poor drink, Shelly, but I am not surprised that you might get a dud now and again. Maybe act all indignant and shame them into doing it right like Jim said, or maybe just find one of the other thousand bars in the neighborhood that looks better. Haven't been to NOLA in years but it would be fun to have a meet or other get-together there sometime. Moving into single digits on the Anvil list by way of the worst-tasting of all the drinks on the list so far. The Morning Glory [Fizz] from the Stork 1.5 oz scotch (2 oz Edradour 10 yr Signature) 1 tsp powdered sugar white of 1 egg .5 tsp tsp superfine sugar Shake and strain into highball glass with new ice cubes and top with seltzer. Maybe I will try this one morning and see if it is glorious, but it just tastes bland and lousy.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Yay! communist Nate and Yay! socialism! - What are you drinking now, pt 2.
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.