Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
That is only the box. The original artwork on a gatefold is inside!
-
JH Audio stuffs
Well I was being a bit facetious, but I thought you said your were listening out of the iPhone.
-
JH Audio stuffs
Fit issue! Bass should be great and plentiful.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
John Coltrane -- Giant Steps Atlantic Studios Master Series 45 RPM Box All I can say is "Hell yeah!" I should have listened to this record a lot sooner given that I bought it a couple months ago. Good stuff.
-
The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
Damn, 909, glad it didn't look like that while I was driving back over the Bay Bridge last night! Good to see you posting Knuckles, and a very nice shot that is now my desktop background. Happy new year.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Moar vinyl: The Decemberists -- The Crane Wife The Jimi Hendrix Experience -- Axis Bold As Love Classic 33 RPM Mono
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Working on my first New Year's Resolution: listen to more vinyl dammit! Ben Webster -- See You At The Fair AP Impulse 45 RPM Freddie Hubbard -- Open Sesame MM Blue Note 45 RPM Nirvana -- Nevermind ORG 33 RPM
-
2009 HC Holiday Gift Exchange
x4! Thanks for running the HC exchange, Steve. I started to note that Paul Motian was most famous for being in Bill Evans' trio and that he played with lots of greats, and then I got distracted on Wikipedia and cut and pasted a few things, including his work with Charlie Haden (not one of my faves but great in his own way). I have and like a fair number of the recent recordings he has done, and I highlighted those because I think they are a nice start. Also well recorded, so that is nice. I should check out more of his early stuff as a leader. Anyway, happy listening. As a leader * Trioism (1993) JMT * I Have the Room Above Her (2004) trio ECM * Time and Time Again (2006) trio ECM * Garden of Eden (2006) ECM With Bill Evans * Portrait in Jazz (1959) * Explorations (1961) * Sunday at the Village Vanguard (1961) * Waltz for Debby (1961) * How My Heart Sings! (1962) * Moon Beams (1962) * Trio '64 (1963) With Charlie Haden * Liberation Music Orchestra (1969) * Ballad of the Fallen (1980) * Dream Keeper (1989) * Etudes (1986) with Geri Allen & Charlie Haden * Segments (1987) with Geri Allen & Charlie Haden * Live at the Village Vanguard with Geri Allen & Charlie Haden * The Montreal Tapes with Geri Allen & Charlie Haden * The Montreal Tapes with Paul Bley & Charlie Haden * The Montreal Tapes with Gonzalo Rubalcaba & Charlie Haden * The Montreal Tapes with Liberation Music Orchestra With Paul Bley * with Gary Peacock ECM * Fragments ECM with Bill Frisell and John Surman * The Paul Bley Quartet with Bill Frisell and John Surman * Notes Soul Note * Memoirs Soul Note with Charlie Haden * Zen Palace Transheart with Steve Swallow * Not Two, Not One ECM with Gary Peacock Other * Bill Frisell, Ron Carter & Paul Motian
-
Happy Birthday Reks!
Happy birthday and happy new year Jacob! Cheers!
- Your recent music purchases
-
JH Audio stuffs
You'll have to wait awhile for a response.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Bill Frissell with Dave Holland and Elvin Jones
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Marty Ehrlich -- New on the Rail
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Fred Anderson -- Staying In The Game
-
Which Head-Caser's Music Collection Do You Envy?
I have a lot of music, and a fair portion of what I post is my own. I do listen to Rhapsody a lot at work, though, and that allows me access to lots of other stuff. So don't be too envious.
-
Your recent music purchases
Very different from those but really good. I think you'll like it. Plus, mono records are fun!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Everything But The Girl -- Eden
-
Your recent music purchases
Gil Melle "Patterns in Jazz" One of the surprises from the series. Never heard it or even of Gil Melle, and I seriously love that record.
-
Ye Macce Threade
And if he's put on the traditional "freshman 15" since I last saw him, then he must be up to 95 pounds by now!
-
JH Audio stuffs
You can do it, Michael, just take it slow and ease into the idea of better sound and greater comfort. The Etys will understand, eventually. Cheerio!
-
Happy Birthday Baguette!
Happy Birthday Chris! Hope you enjoy your first as a homeowner in style, like fixing plumbing or something. Have a great one whatever you do. Cheers!
-
What did you do today?
Are you taking red wine orally to ease your Wii injury?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
What. The. Fuck. ?
-
What did you do today?
I intended to go to the office today but I woke up at 5 coughing and couldn't sleep for awhile. Apparently, I turned off the alarm and slept to 10:30. Slept even more after that and haven't really gotten out of bed all day. I have been fighting a cold and now have lost. My daughter brought me some fresh baguette that she baked, and my son just brought me his Macbook with Bridge on the River Kwai cued up for me to watch. Nice kids.
-
Happy Birthday Zippy!
Happy birthday Steve! Hope you're having fun! Cheers!