Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. OK, HDDs are getting maxed out so the NAS solution has taken hold of my brain. I am looking at a QNAP TS-419P and wonder if anyone has thoughts on that idea. Plus, I need to fill it with 4 2TB drives, either 2.5" or 3.5" from Hitachi, Seagate, WD or Samsung and I don't know which ones or where I should buy them from. Any input will be much appreciated.
  2. Jolly good show, old chap! And aren't you reassured by the fact that the details of your loudspeakers are maintained in Harbeth's Master Log Book? I know I sleep better at night as a result. Congrats and get on the 'gon to find something nice.
  3. LFDP3ESR!!!1!
  4. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    Nice! Congrats Jim.
  5. Well, it turns out that the money was deposited into a different account. But at least it was my account, so now they are just transferring the funds to where they were supposed to deposit them in the first place. No harm, no foul, except I think I will pay closer attention when the teller fills out the deposit slip for me.
  6. Even Stretch isn't fast enough to have acquired all that stuff this fast without us knowing it. But Nate is right, say goodbye to the bucks now, Stretch, your fate is sealed. As for me, I received an email from my bank saying that my account was overdrawn, so I called them back. How can that be, I asked, given that I deposited a check and transferred funds well over the amount of the state tax check I had to write before the end of the year? Wait, says the bank, we don't have any record of that [large] check you say you deposited. says I. Still don't know what happened to it, but they are "researching" it....
  7. In my experience they give good CS.
  8. Was: The Feelies -- Crazy Rhythms Is: Lloyd Cole -- Antidepressant
  9. I would not assume that, Dinny, but check their hardware list and call them if you have a specific question.
  10. Voltron replied to Hopstretch's topic in Speakers
    Otherwise, that would have to be one big woman.
  11. Yes, that's the one. Wilco -- Summerteeth
  12. True dat, and it is like an Audiophile Membership Card to some, but I actually like that record. Todd has been high on the Julie London 45 RPM also, but I am not sure how often I would listen to that one.
  13. He funny^^ Computer Audiophile thinks the key feature is transparency checker, which doesn't seem to be worth $4K over the DAC2: "Perhaps the most critical feature of this new DAC is the Transparency check (allows to check the bit transparency of a playback chain). Until now it was nearly impossible for most listeners to guarantee they were getting bit perfect playback. This DAC looks to have a built-in mechanism to check for this. I know Daniel talked about doing this last year and I'm elated to see he has implemented it in this product."
  14. Some new wireless models, incl. a portable, are one release: From Sennheiser intros RS wireless headphones range - Pocket-lint: "Sennheiser is looking to associate the word quality with wireless audio today at CES with the launch of the RS range of on-ear headphones. Each of three models features the company's KLEER technology which transmits uncompressed audio at 2.37MB/s peak bit rate with CD quality and without any loss or interference from other signals in the 2.4GHz band. That's the theory anyway, and all of this is done at minimal power consumption of the NiMH AA rechargeable batteries in the transmitters. The most expensive of the trio are the Sennheiser RS 180 open cup phones designed for home cinema use. They come in at
  15. That is what I assumed (gain selecting).
  16. Not sure how to interpret "coarse settings" or the rest of this: "Level control main output: * 4 coarse settings via relays (analog domain), fine setting via rotary encoder (digital domain). * Level control can be defeated for the main output. Level control headphone output: * 4 coarse settings via relays (analog domain, independent from the settings in the main output), fine setting via rotary encoder (digital domain)."
  17. I think not: "LCD display for display of sampling rate, input source, audio level, absolute phase, upsampling filter type, various menu items Rotary encoder with push switch"
  18. Weiss has released a new DAC202 with new D/A not based on the Minerva and integrated headphone amp. $6440 list price.
  19. OK, cool. Waiting to hear about the new DAC. Did you ever post the details on the dCS?
  20. I have been thinking of posting something of this nature since first reading his stupid thread title. You said it much better than I would have.
  21. Sucks about the drive. Hope you have backups. I happen to have some of the same musics you had in case you need a HDD sent to you for repairs. I have not loaded 1.2 yet, but probably will this weekend.
  22. But what about the new products?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.