Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Thanks Tom. Did you get the recent release of the 45 RPM Famous Blue Raincoat? I really do like that one. Now playing: FLY -- Sky & Country
-
Eddie Current Equilibrato
Very cool Steve. What is "true floating balanced or unbalanced"?
-
Your recent music purchases
Taking recommendations from our Best of 2009 thread and other similar ones, and buying some things I already liked but did not own, I went a little nuts at Amoeba tonight. Quite a few were available used, luckily. Sarah Jarosz - Song Up In Her Head Dirty Projectors -- Bitte Orca Deluxe Edition including Stillness is the Move EP A Fine Frenzy - Bomb In A Birdcage Steve Earle -- Townes Deluxe Edition with second disc containing Dave Rawlings Machine -- A Friend of a Friend The Avett Brothers -- I and Love and You Steve Kuhn -- Mostly Coltrane Dave Douglas -- Spirit Moves John Zorn -- O
-
Best Albums of 2009
Stretch has listened to These Four Walls and posted in the WAYLTN? thread. Lots of folks in that thread seem to have been loving on Merriweather Post Pavilion, especially when it came out. Also, Stretch had that in his list above.^
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Agreed. And if you listen to my sped-up needle-drop it will move you even faster.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
What do you think of the queen of the B3? Not bad. How is The Hunter? I keep looking at the ads for it but I have never heard it or even read a review.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Nice catch, Dan.
-
Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Seizure trance!
-
Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oh nelly! Your year-end must have been pretty damn good! Congrats!
-
Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Indeed x2!
-
Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Don't be coy. Who is it?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Good show, Greg, now stop fucking around and get the ULN-8 pumping out glorious tunes!
-
Sennheiser at CES 2010
Tyll! How you doin? You at CES or know what they are announcing?
-
Sennheiser at CES 2010
I'm annoyed that there is no word on the product announcements.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I have that lens too, Mike, and I love it. Congrats.
-
300B tube recommendations
I got my pair of new production WE 300Bs in the fancy wooden box for $500 on Agon.
-
Sennheiser at CES 2010
wtf? I hope this isn't the big announcement. Sennheiser to unveil new corporate design at CES 2010 Sennheiser, one of the world’s leading producers of microphones, headphones and wireless transmission systems has evolved its corporate design that is to be unveiled at this year's CES show. At the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) the audio specialist will be introducing itself for the first time with a new design. “The new corporate design brings our profile into focus and is an important step within the framework of the brand strategy. Throughout this process it was important for us to ensureSennheiser ’s three brand values – premium quality, passion and progression – are reflected even more clearly and further enhance the brand,” says Susanne Seidel, President Global Marketing at Sennheiser. The Hamburg Design Agency Syndicate was responsible for both creative and consultancy work on the project. The reworked corporate design will gradually be implemented across all of Sennheiser’s communication collateral. The Sennheiser in-store retail display programme will be unveiled to a larger international public using numerous modules, including interactive displays, at the CES 2010. During the Consumer Electronics Show which runs from the 7th to the 10th of January 2010, Sennheiser can be found in the South Hall, Stand No. 21240 of Las Vegas’ exhibition centre.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Akiko Tsuruga -- Oriental Express
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Girls In Trouble
-
JH Audio stuffs
I feel a vegetative state coming on for the same reason.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Now playing: The Antlers -- Hospice
-
Symphones "MAGNUM" pre-order and discount
- Magnepan 1.7
Damn I am glad I didn't have any sandwiches that weekend.- Best Albums of 2009
I concur with a lot of the foregoing, so without repeating those albums here are too many favorites from 2009, in no particular order: ROCK/POP Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar -- One Fast Move or I'm Gone: Kerouac's Big Sur Steve Earle -- Townes Grizzly Bear -- Veckatimest Dave Rawlings Machine -- A Friend of a Friend Monsters of Folk -- Monsters of Folk Flight of the Conchords -- I Told You I Was Freaky WPA -- Works Progress Administration The Avett Brothers -- I and Love and You Robyn Hitchcock and The Venus 3 -- Goodnight Oslo St. Vincent -- Actor The Smithereens -- Tommy M. Ward -- Hold Time Wilco -- Wilco Iron & Wine -- Around the Well Yo La Tengo -- Popular Songs God Help the Girl -- God Help the Girl JAZZ Anthony Wilson -- Jack of Hearts Joshua Redman -- Compass Branford Marsalis Quartet -- Metamorphosen Christian McBride -- Kind of Brown Steve Kuhn -- Mostly Coltrane Anouar Brahem -- The Astounding Eyes of Rita The Masada Quintet -- Stolas: Book of Angels Vol. 12 Dave Douglas -- Spirit Moves John Zorn -- Alhambra Love Songs and O’o Doctor 3 -- The Song Remains the Same Jeff “Tain” Watts -- Watts Enrico Rava -- New York Days Ran Blake -- Driftwoods Nels Cline -- Coward Peter Bernstein Trio -- Monk Bobby Broom -- Plays for Monk SF Jazz Collective -- Live 2009- Magnepan 1.7
Mayonnaise? He did say "pee," didn't he? - Magnepan 1.7
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.