Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. I agree Conan has struggled because he was not being himself and just continuing his style from the old show because of all the old timers who watch The Tonight Show. But he is dead right that Leno floundered in the beginning and was given a lot of support a lot of slack and a lot of time to make it happen. I am not even a huge Conan fan -- I hardly watch any of the late night shows -- but he got screwed by the incredibly bad management decisions you mention.
  2. Unbelievable that NBC could screw up The Tonight Show transition so badly. If they wanted to get rid of Leno they should have gotten all the way rid of him. Having him at 10pm undermined Conan's chances for a successful start, left doubt hanging in the air, and completely flopped as a format because Leno sucks. Instead of flip-flopping after 6 years of planning to get rid of him, they should have let him go when it failed. Now, Conan is quitting and the stupid-ass hack Leno is back at 11:30. Are they just going to pull a Dallas by giving him the show back and pretending it was all a bad dream? Conan's fuck you message to NBC is well done, imo: People of Earth: In the last few days, I
  3. The Gilded Palace of Sin -- You Break Our Hearts, We'll Tear Yours Out
  4. Holy shit that is hawt!
  5. Laura Veirs -- Saltbreakers
  6. Nice going Ric! That should be a nice upgrade!
  7. Did you buy the HP 21yo or something else Stretch? I guess it is truly only available duty free so I gotta remember that in airports...
  8. Voltron replied to Hopstretch's topic in Speakers
    The reality is that Wayne is going to love being a dad but it is going to cramp his freedom something fierce. I am betting he will work it out so that he can still travel plenty but certainly not as much as previously. It will be interesting to watch how you handle it either way, buddy!
  9. fwiw, I really like that new Laura Veirs album^ Nana Grizol -- Ruth
  10. The Naim Uniti and Qute are pretty damn cool with wifi streaming and such. I hadn't looked that closely before.
  11. Laura Veirs -- July Flame
  12. Jeez, can't you plan these things better, Mike?
  13. Have a great one Lloyd! I hope Becky bakes you up something special, because her standard treats are out of this world already! Looking forward to seeing you all next month. Cheers!
  14. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    Who knew? It actually started life as "Rosscoe's Chicken & Waffles" but the Real Roscoe's in LA sued them so they hometowned it.
  15. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    That cab ride took about the same time as the flight would take. Would you actually eat this time? More economical solution would be to overnight some Roscoes to Chicago. I'll investigate.
  16. Atlas Sound -- Logos
  17. For two different people, I am looking to recommend compact non-audiophile 2-channel systems, one under $1K and one over. Any new thinking on the under? Any ideas for the over? I'm thinking of recommending the Arcam Solo/Solo Mini with some Harbeths or something like that for the over. He can afford good stuff but he wants something compact for a place in Manhattan. Are there other CD/Integrated/DAC kind of products people can recommend? I don't think computer audio is likely, but iPod connection is likely. Anybody ever heard Sonics speakers by Joachim Gerhard? Those are being recommended to him. Thanks.
  18. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis -- The Road (Film Score)
  19. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    I imagine the hotel has it screwed up because that has happened every year one way or another. Thanks for fixing it, Jim.
  20. And Art Dudley about creamed himself reviewing it years ago. I didn't know what it was when Stretch posted it so I looked it up. Sounded like a very nice piece, and a major bang for the buck winner. Enjoy it Stretch!
  21. Arcam. Keep it British.
  22. Ottmar Liebert & Luna Negra -- Up Close (24/96 HD Tracks)
  23. I have not had that happen yet, but this is weird. I just did a playlist that has a mix of sample/bit rates and as long as I let the songs end and Amarra automatically switches to the next track it is fine. Then, I tried going from 96 to 44 in the middle of a song and the reaction is a slow-mo artifact I guess from the 96K song and then the 44K song starts playing fine. I did it with a number of different tracks and the same result occurred. Same result with 176 or 192 files. After a number of back and forth switches in mid-song, Amarra and or the Model 4 locked up, a couple of times. I am not sure how to describe all of these things, but there were some digital clicks and artifacts in between tracks. None of this stuff has happened to me just playing things straight through. Amarra is not opening when I open iTunes although iTunes will open when I open Amarra. Odd. I also have to Force Quit Amarra too often when Quitting the program. These quirks and bugs are getting annoying.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.