Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Erin McKeown -- Hundreds of Lions
-
Luxman P-200
I don't think I have tried the K501s with the P-1 but the K701 is also hard to drive and it sounds fine from the P-1 to my limited recollection. I have also tried the K340 (Headphile'd) and it was certainly not playing to its highest level from the P-1. However, I have the HD600/650/800 and the P-1 handles all of them well and without straining. I don't really think the P-1 can be said to have trouble with high impedance cans or even favor low impedance even though I definitely like the way Grados and AD2Ks sound from it.
-
Ayre USB DAC
New title: The World's Nicest Shill
-
What are you listening to Part Two
The Flaming Lips -- Embryonic
-
Ayre USB DAC
I was just using Nate's term, Jeff, so please don't take control of my head! Nobody thinks you are shilling, but it was funnier to keep that line going. No offense intended.
-
Ayre USB DAC
Jeff is actually shilling the PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC in the Ayre USB DAC thread, and the first mention of either Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC or the dCS stack came into play from comments about Chris Connaker's Ayre USB DAC review and then Cunty_Shallow piped up about how fantastic the dCS stack was in comparison to the "mid-fi" Alpha DAC based entirely on one session at Sound by Shithead. Does it all make sense now? My main question is whether SbS was playing hi-rez or just CDs? The Alpha DAC really shines -- and is really intended for -- hi-rez music. That comparison done by somebody I trust would mean something. Of course, when I heard the Spectral 4000 CDP up against the Alpha DAC, the Spectral was much better, and three times as much money.
-
Collective Gear List?
Inspired by Dinny's zeal, I filled in my profile here for the first time. If we used some kind of consistent format for data entry, couldn't the profile fields be harvested automagically? I am assuming no, given the responses and the thoughts of other much more technically inclined and computer savvy individuals, but it wouldn't seem to be beyond the realm of possibilities. And Dinny, when you figure out your solution, please note I was supportive and therefore should not be excluded. Thank you.
-
Ayre USB DAC
I thought it was higher, so that seems like a better option. Dinny, get drop ship together!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Amanda Palmer -- Who Killer Amanda Palmer?
-
Ayre USB DAC
Dinny, the price point is actually closer to $2k! AudiogoN ForSale: PS Audio Perfect Wave dac
-
slow forum
Only if it then used the seal as a drink holder for the Coke.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
'cause that would make you a dick.
-
slow forum
The bear should have had a Coke at the end of the clip.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Imogen Heap -- Ellipse (instrumental)
-
Post the last thing you bought!
From Stretch, with no silver or champagne to be seen:
-
What are you listening to Part Two
WPA -- Works Progress Administration The players as listed in the Amazon description: WPA (Works Progress Administration) consists of some of the most accomplished and legendary musicians in today's American music scene. Founding members Glen Phillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket), Sean Watkins (Nickel Creek), and Luke Bulla (Jerry Douglas Band, Ricky Skaggs, Lyle Lovett) have teamed up with Sara Watkins (Nickel Creek), Benmont Tench (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers), Greg Leisz (Joni Mitchell, Wilco, Sheryl Crow, Beck), Pete Thomas (Elvis Costello and the Imposters, Randy Newman), and Davey Faragher (Elvis Costello and the Imposters, Cracker), and long-time acclaimed producer Jim Scott (Wilco, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Rolling Stones). This is a really nice album. I ended up having to go to NH to have drinks with Nate, Ian, Stretch and Jeff (and do some work), but my wife went to see them recently and they were great according to her.
-
Ayre USB DAC
Exactly right.
-
slow forum
From the main heading, I thought he was a hobosexual, but it ended up (pun intended) having a different colloquial meaning. That is a whopper of a subtitle.
-
JH Audio stuffs
I meant like R10 earmuffs, not playing anything on them.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Tickets for Imogen Heap at the Fillmore. We are going to take my 14-year-old daughter and a friend if any other parents are willing to let their kid out on a Tuesday night. Otherwise, I will hold the ticket for Hacksaw Maher.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Damn I love Remain In Light. Gotta get some better Heads vinyl. Anyway, here's what I got spinning now (silver disc variety): Christian McBride & Inside Straight -- Kind of Brown
-
What did you do today?
Hack Saw Maher, getting ready for Halloween. Sorry about that, Nate. Of course, getting seen in 1.5 hours in an ER around here would be record time but it still sucks to be sitting there
-
JH Audio stuffs
Awesome comic, Duggeh. You know, the JH13s could sound even better if you were to wear the R10s over them. Plus, then you might feel like you aren't wasting your incredibly valuable cans. Win-Win. :)
-
What did you do today?
Set up the SDS-XLR in Mayberry again finally, and it is playing very nicely and not popping any regulator or other tubes! This is still an amazing amp. I will try to take a pic if people promise not to tell me that the rack is overstuffed! I had to adjust and re-adjust the shelves way too many times to squeeze everything in, and although the clearances are tight, there is plenty of ventilation. Happily listening right now with the balanced PS-1, and bummed I have to turn it all off to go pick up my daughter.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Anthony Wilson -- Jack of Hearts