Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Good move. I thought it had a high correlation with your tastes.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
7 Worlds Collide -- The Sun Came Out Cool record: "2009 two CD release from this project led by Neil Finn and featuring members of Radiohead, The Smiths, Wilco and others. Seven years ago, Neil Finn and friends first got together to perform some live shows and release the resulting live album. In December 08/January 09, Neil did it again, only this time bigger and better! He assembled a group of his friends and fellow artists in Auckland, New Zealand to record a brand new album of all new and original material. The cast list this time includes Neil, Sharon and Liam Finn, Bic Runga, KT Tunstall, Johnny Marr, Jeff Tweedy and Glenn Kotche (of Wilco), Ed O'Brien and Phil Selway (of Radiohead), Lisa Germano, Don McGlashan and others."
-
What did you do today?
I don't know why you would want to do that. Congrats on getting them back, better than new!
- DanJam
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Strictly for the album title:
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I'll see what I can arrange.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
The Precious just arrived today and I have been fighting to wait until after work to try it.
-
Happy Birthday ironbut!
Happiest of birthdays to you Steve! You are still my hero for resurrecting my amp. I hope you have a great day! Cheers!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
I just recorded that live record this weekend, but I need to break it up into tracks and save it down to 24/88.2. Should be good stuff.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Madness -- The Liberty of Norton Folgate I just started listening but it is cool to have new a Madness record.
-
Deals
You didn't even mention the $3 stainless steel wedding band! MexicanDragon needs to replace that platinum band he lost to the sea. . .
-
The Live Music Thread
Giant Posty pic scares me a little. McCoy Tyner seems like he is going to play until he drops. I have seen him a number of times over the last few years and the more recent ones were actually better than the earlier ones. He is in fine form.
-
Happy Birthday Santa Wayne!
Have a good one Wayne! Cheers!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
We're only at 3 years, but it would look nice with his silver [chest] hair.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
18th Anniversary Present
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Archie Shepp & Horace Parlan -- Trouble In Mind Retard Records Needledrop
-
JH Audio stuffs
Peter summed it up pretty well. The JH|13s are killers, but JH Audio is not up to the task of handling the volume of orders that it received following the big debut at CanJam. They are nice and all, but they have not set up the right procedures for dealing with custom orders on an inherently custom item, and they lack communication and especially pre-approval of final decisions. It would be really smart for them to set it up so that before they cast the molds and apply the artwork they sent the purchaser a summary saying what they are doing, what color IEMs, what artwork with what colors, etc, then you could stop them from making mistakes or using judgment that you disagree with. With my pair, for example, if they had been straight with me about the limits of their artwork capabilities I would have told them to do something simpler than what I provided to them. As it was, they received my image and said it was possible for them to use do it, and they never said that they would simply etch the basic shape of the design and then hand-paint it in. Also, they never asked me whether silver glitter paint was a good idea instead of the gold with a black outline that I sent them. If they had asked me the simple question of what single color should they paint the design, I probably would have said black and left it at that. I still don't like the silver glitter, but I am afraid to send them back for fear of them changing the IEMs themselves or starting down the Ed and Peter path of many reiterations and many mistakes. For reference, here is what I sent: And here is what I got, even though this picture looks better than they do in real life:
-
which full-range speakers for 3k
Gallo Reference 3.5, or go cheaper and get the older model. Great speakers with deep bass that can be made to go deeper with a separate amp. Devore Gibbon 9s on the used market would be another option. I have heard 801/2Ds several times, and the lower end B&Ws don't sound like them so I think it would be a waste of time/money. The 804s suffer from a very pinpoint sound so that you hear nice, clear sound but it is coming out of one speaker on the right and the other on the left. The speakers never melt away and the soundstage is not cohesive.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Vic Chesnutt --At the Cut
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Kenny Drew -- For Sure!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Then: Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson -- Break Up Now: Monsters of Folk -- self titled
-
Happy Birthday morphsci!
Have a great day Jim! Hang BAs or hang with the BA or whatever floats your boat. Cheers!
-
Happy Birthday humanflyz!
Happy birthday Michael! I hope you got lots of great presents! Cheers!
-
DanJam
Where the fuck are Doug's pics?!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I love Cool Hand Luke.