Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Jarrett | Peacock | DeJohnette -- Setting Standards
-
JH Audio stuffs
No homework needed. Just buy them Greg. Get it over with. Little jewels is appropriate to their sonics as well. I have finally stopped skipping from track to track to hear how things sound, and the lossless versions of Jarrett/Peackock/DeJohnette is sounding quite incredible. I wouldn't want to listen to shitty music with these very much. Might be a limiting factor for some people.
-
What did you do today?
Came to work, rescued JH|13s after they were delivered to the wrong address, enjoyed JH|13s while trying to work the rest of the day.
-
JH Audio stuffs
Well, it was a close call, but I got the JH|13 PROs today and have them planted in my skull right now. JH Audio managed to add a zero to my address and even though the UPS info online didn't tell me where they were delivered, the name in the mailroom was unfamiliar so my secretary tracked them down about 5 blocks away. After the small panic, I had to wait through some work calls and people coming by trying to ask me about work , I got them in my ears and checked them out with the iPhone and the HeadRoom Desktop Amp/Dac. You can guess which one sounded better, but both were as good as they get with IEMs. These are my first customs so I need to play them some and get used to them and make sure I have them in right, but just walking around at lunch they stayed sealed and sounded fantastic. Looking forward to spending some time with these and then comparing lots of amps with them at JH|13 Fest, aka Dan's MiniMeet. Here are some initial not so hot pics so as not to be banned. My hands were apparently greasy because they look smeared, and I did not have a particularly good lens for macro pics. The artwork that blessingx created for me (from something I found out in the world) is included at the end. Thanks again Ric, and I wish it came a little closer to your image. I am a little disappointed in how it turned out, but note that at least one of the pics looks better than real life. Instead of gold metalic they are silver glitter, which looks a little stripper-tastic, but all in all it may be as good as they can do for now. Anyway, here goes.
-
What did you do today?
Yeah, buck up Monkey. One kid is soooo easy!
-
Beatles albums remastered soon?
Harsh, dude, harsh.
-
Beatles albums remastered soon?
Aargh! Why not release the damn 24/192 versions for the few nuts who really want them?!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Tumi is the shizz!
-
Inexpensive Active Near-Field Monitors?
And both in the Bay Area. Odd.
-
Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle Trip
Have a great trip, Grahame! You'll have to take afternoon tea while in Victoria, so try The Blethering Place or the Fairmont Empress. Best damn scones and cream I have ever eaten.
- The Menace
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Arctic Monkeys -- Humbug
-
Happy Birthday Tony
- HT Upgrade
Got to jump on a work call, but I think Panny plasma is still pretty hard to beat. The Pioneer Elite that I have had for years is also great but I think the price to performance ratio isn't as high as others. I like the Gallo Reference wall-mount speakers and think they would be awesome with even a small sub. I have also had very good experience with my McCormack HT-5 amp which can be had pretty cheap on Audiogon.- Ye Macce Threade
Powerbook, which will have 10.5 on it. Thanks, couldn't remember the key to hold down.- Mysteriously Musical Amplifier (Moth 300B "Problem")
Thanks David. I have not yet asked Craig, so I think I can let is go with that explanation.- Ye Macce Threade
How do I boot from the install disk so I can wipe this Powerbook clean before reinstalling OSX?- What are you driving your K1000 with?
Not that great actually. Other EAR gear is better at shat it does.- What are you driving your K1000 with?
I use my Moth 300B Paradigm, which cost me $1500 plus $500 for Western Electric tubes, and the only one I have heard and liked better is Min's Zanden 300B amp. I was looking forward to hearing the SDS-XLR with the K1Ks when my amp died, and I intend to try it out soon now that ironbut resurrected it. The TTVJ/Millett 307A sounds great with K1Ks. I also agree with Min on the WA5 being a good option and the Extreme not being a good option, but I have yet to hear the AirTight. Dussun integrated amps drive them pretty well, but not at all like the 300Bs I have heard.- Beatles albums remastered soon?
Release date 9/9/09- What are you listening to Part Two
U2 -- October- Tool Recommendations Thread
I'm a fan of the ball end type of hex wrenches, and some have the "power bar" or similar to provide more torque action. Also, there is this kind of thing, although I don't actually own them: -Click It-- Post the last thing you bought!
Then tell us how it is in 9 minutes!- What are you listening to Part Two
Terence Blanchard -- Bounce Seeing him tonight with JP.- Post the last thing you bought!
Snow Leopard is in my grubby hands. - HT Upgrade
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.