2009 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest & CanJam@RMAF

Asr

I know it's a bit early for this, but the anticipation is building for what will surely be an awesome 3 days of audio goodness! My gear is all packed up and so are my clothes, because I'm far enough from Denver that it'd be a pain in the ass to make the round-trip drive twice a day for 3 days. And also because I have a proactive role in this year's show, plus there are a bunch of cool people to hang out with this time. :)

Not sure how soon pics will be coming because I recently had to format my laptop (new HD) and couldn't find my Photoshop Elements CD in time to install it. Will look for a freeware alternative in the meantime....

Heading to Denver tonight after work to scope out the scene and meet up with JP, Jude, Jack Wu, et al.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll most likely be working very, very late this evening, but I'll hit it fresh tomorrow morning at about 10 to start setting up, getting acquainted, etc.

Looking forward to seeing old faces and new faces alike, and of course to all the awesome gear.

could someone be so kind as to listen to these and report back , much obliged..dB

I Will !

Got in late, about 5:30 or so, and got set up before the room got locked up for the night. Woo Hoo everything worked right once I got the Apple TV remote working. Jude was going to be busy for dinner, and by the time I was done seeing if we could join him then everyone else was gone. So, I had dinner at Texas Roadhouse with Ray Samuels, AudioAddict (Steve) and Ted from Cable Pro. Then we came back and listened to some GamuT speakers while they were tweaking their analog speaker rig (looked like Ray knew the guys). Then my son was bored and we had to go back to the room so he could watch more Star Wars and fall asleep. :P

Looking forward to tomorrow, and shaking hands with a few people. I saw Augs there but missed talking to him. It was good to see JP, Jude, Asr and Sherwood again.

I was sequstered in headphone-land, but RMAF usually pulls somewhere near 5k people. I'll bet only about 800 of those made it through the CanJam room last night, so we have to step it up.

In other news, the Audez'e is a winner. I spent about 5 minutes with it, and was really impressed with the clarity and bass definition. I spent about 20 minutes talking with the Shankar and Alex (Alex?) about the headphones, and why they married rave DJs. Good guys, very good headphones. I vastly prefer them to the LCD-1, in looks and sound.

Also, Jerry Harvey is the devil. How could I say no to free impressions on the spot and $100 off JH13s?

Man, I wish I could've made it there but the money just wasn't there!

For you guys that want to hear something pretty special, make sure and visit Bobby Palkovic's Merlin Music Systems room. He really knows how to set up a great system in those shitty hotel rooms and the Joule Electric amps don't hurt either.

It's not your knock you socks off demo (which I get pretty sick of after a day or so) but just nice pure music.

Not to be missed IMHO.

Enjoy!