Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. Don't worry Ryan, I know you are second in line! You might want to PM me your address at some point, but as I told Todd, I am taking this little beauty with me on a trip next week. I will ship out on the 23rd or so.
  2. Come on, SJ is not far away. It has a DC input at 15V 0.3A from a chunky Elpac wall wart.
  3. No Luxman yet, but I will be comparing it with the Eddie Current EC/SS. Do you know that amp? I can try out some Grados with it and give you my thoughts on that combination in any event.
  4. Camera phone shite is all I could do, and I don't even know how to post those.
  5. I just received the TTVJ FET-A from Todd for a loaner session. It looks and sounds great so far, and he has resolved the minor issues with the prototype faceplate. I will try to post pics tonight or tomorrow, but I am already listening to it as a preamp and the initial impression is very favorable. The sound is detailed, rich and full in my desktop setup, and the background / idle state is completely quiet. I am taking the output from my HeadRoom Desktop Amp into the TTVJ FET-A, and then into my HeadRoom Desktop Power Amps, out the Harbeths and into my ears. Because the amp has about 1 hour of burn-in, this will be a good way to log some hours while I am at work. I don't have headphones in my office, but I will see if somebody has some or just check that out tonight. It looks like Pete and Todd have put together a great addition to their line-up. Plus, you just gotta love the "No Opamps" logo on the the thing!
  6. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    That is the greatest dog expression evar.
  7. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    The Meat Ship We really need to get Ray Samuels one of these at CJ09.
  8. Rachael Yamagata -- Elephants . . . Teeth Sinking Into Heart
  9. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    This douche still looks exactly like he did in high school.
  10. Thanks all. I am lucky and I have sold more than enough gear to pay for this lovely item so it even feels better than just shelling out new cash.
  11. Although I get euphoric listening to the P-1, I think you mean euphonic, as in something exhibiting euphony. I too agree that the P-1 is more pleasing to the ear by being less dry and neutral, but the P-1 is still fast, detailed, and very natural sounding. It is not warm or mushy, and when sourced by my EMM Labs gear it delivered a spectacular sound. I have spent less time with the GSX but it is closer to my Beta22 on the same characteristics. If you are looking for pretty purely neutral but not boring then either of those will get you closer it. I do happen to have a very nice Beta22 for sale, if you are at all interested.
  12. Paid for but not yet received:
  13. Component and HDMI, chuck the other two.
  14. Bobby Timmons -- This Here Is Bobby Timmons
  15. Thanks for sharing.
  16. Kronos Quartet -- Plays Sigur Ros Kronos Quartet -- Music of Bill Evans
  17. x2. Rhapsody ftw!
  18. I meant the upfront duties and then any successive round-trips, but I do not think it is too common to be charged anything at all and the few Price Japan transactions I have heard about (incl. the 2 above) did not involve duties. The PJ price was what had me thinking about the new DP-600 over various used Accuphase players that I mentioned: DP-77, DP-78 and DP-85, all of which are on Agon ranging from $4K to $7K. Still curious about knowledge or experience about these units.
  19. I thought that I had seen a price like that, which was what threw me off even more with $19K. But what about customs/duties?
  20. While I think that the Accuphase gear has the inherent ability to switch voltage (although opening is required) I am not a fan of buying grey market and I don't really like the idea of sending this kind of equipment back to Japan for service.
  21. Anybody have a good feel for the differences between Accuphase models DP-77 / 78 / 85 ? Also, DP-600 / 700 are new and all, but what the hell is supposed to justify those price tags?
  22. Benny Golson -- New Time New Tet
  23. Chick & Hiromi -- Duet
  24. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    I didn't even see the fray until it was mostly blown over, but I did note to myself that you were quite restrained. I was making the simple and obvious point that his and Skin's comments about "the majority of reviewers" just didn't make sense. I couldn't care any less if he wants to wait and see/hear for himself or wants to be the voice of reason while people are jumping on the bandwagon, but the original comments were clearly wrong. Still, I wish you had gone for the jugular just to silence that twit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.