Need some help please

guzziguy

EDIT: There is a pay phone here. We are going to try to get enough change together to call ourselves. Please hold until you hear from me again.

----

Until yesterday afternoon, I was doing a 5 day dual sport motorcycle ride. Unfortunately I had a big crash on a dirt road. I'm basically OK but almost certainly have broken ribs and am in no shape to continue riding.

The crash was at the end of the day and I was able to make it to here, which was where we were planning to stay the night. This is in the middle of nowhere just south of Death Valley. Of course, there is no cell coverage. As you can see from this, I do have access to a computer. I emailed Stacy (my wife) last night telling her of my predicament, but she hasn't responded so is obviously not reading emails.

What I need is for someone to call "Big Frank" in Desert Hot Springs, CA. His numbers are:

760-329-7983

760-799-0223 cell

His house is our destination today. He has a pickup and could come pick me and my bike up. Could someone please call him (he'll be up by now) and tell him the predicament here with the "John Chase group" and that we need to pick him up. Please give him my email address:

mueller<DOT>ken<AT>gmail.com

so we can coordinate. Please make it clear that I'll pay for gas. Also please wish him a Happy Birthday.

Thanks a lot. I really need this.

-ken

Edited by guzziguy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sacd lover

I called him for you. Do you have an actual number at the hotel or whatever where he could call you? He does have your email.

EDIT: There is a pay phone here. We are going to try to get enough change together to call ourselves. Please hold until you hear from me again.

----

Until yesterday afternoon, I was doing a 5 day dual sport motorcycle ride. Unfortunately I had a big crash on a dirt road. I'm basically OK but almost certainly have broken ribs and am in no shape to continue riding.

The crash was at the end of the day and I was able to make it to here, which was where we were planning to stay the night. This is in the middle of nowhere just south of Death Valley. Of course, there is no cell coverage. As you can see from this, I do have access to a computer. I emailed Stacy (my wife) last night telling her of my predicament, but she hasn't responded so is obviously not reading emails.

What I need is for someone to call "Big Frank" in Desert Hot Springs, CA. His numbers are:

760-329-7983

760-799-0223 cell

His house is our destination today. He has a pickup and could come pick me and my bike up. Could someone please call him (he'll be up by now) and tell him the predicament here with the "John Chase group" and that we need to pick him up. Please give him my email address:

mueller<DOT>ken<AT>gmail.com

so we can coordinate. Please make it clear that I'll pay for gas. Also please wish him a Happy Birthday.

Thanks a lot. I really need this.

-ken

I called him for you. Do you have an actual number at the hotel or whatever where he could call you? He does have your email.

Thanks Earl. We were able to use a pay phone and talk to him. There is a number here at the resort but I don't think anybody will answer it until 10am. The number is on the web site.

All the best Ken. Hope you're doing ok.

I didn't sleep much. Between my brain spinning, the pain and a loudly snoring roommate, it was tough.

The hard thing now is to figure out how to get me and the bike back to SB. First stop will be (hopefully) Desert Hot Springs. There, I'll be able to rent a Uhaul to get me and the bike back to SB.

I knew the list would come through for me. Thanks everybody.

Guest sacd lover
My gmail account is acting a little weird and I haven't received any email. Could somebody please send me a test message so that I can verify that I'm receiving email?

Thx.

No phone to text so I sent you an email. Make sure I didnt switch the e and u in the email, meu vs mue. I do this all the time. I think I gave him the right email but make sure.

Hi Antonio,

ASAP will probably be late this afternoon or, more likely, tomorrow when I get back to Santa Barbara. There's no place close to where I'm currently stuck to get an xray. Besides a possible collapsed lung, what else do I have to worry about? I don't think my lung collapsed, but what do I know?

-ken

If you had a collapsed lung you'd be noticing a lack of enough air and some distress, so probably and luckily it's not the case. However a broken rib, depending on how you move and the way it broke, may puncture the pleura and collapse the lung at a later moment, so the need to know how is it. Until that moment, avoid any movements which imply doing force with your arms and also bending yourself. It'd be great that someone applied a bandage on your chest, just in case.

Glad to hear you've got the immediate situation under control.

Broke my ribs last February. Very uncomfortable and no wonder you didn't sleep much. Hard to find pain free way to lay down.

Hope all goes smoothly from here ... and get checked out at your earliest opportunity.

Ken, here's wishing you a speedy and complete recovery. I hope you've received medical attention by now and resting up in a hospital or better yet your own comfy bed.

when you get settled and everything is under control, let's see that bike of yours and if you're feeling frisky enough show off those wounds. :P