HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

My avid setup is fine I believe. I can't remember much if any noise. Have a good ride tomorrow Jeff. Sorry your bike isn't ready. I would be willing to meet up early. I just dropped by my shop so that they could give me a price on a mid level cyclecross bike for the coming fall :-)

Edited by Dreadhead

I don't know if any of you are into pro racing but tomorrow is Paris-Roubaix. The cobbled classics are the awesome. This is my favorite race of the year. Hope to do the cyclosportive before I die. Edit: it's on NBC sports! Awesome!

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 1

I'm jealous.

Chris is an excellent riding partner as he convinces me to ride places I would never try on my own.  Very short ride for me today as I am not in riding shape and the hills killed me.  Excellent workout and I think now that I can get on the bike more often it will just keep getting easier.  

Chris rode up and down the same hills that killed me several times waiting for me so I know I will never catch up to him.

i-djMRkPt-X2.jpg

^ Nice.  It must be Calfee day.  I took mine out today.  Met John and Raffy at 7:30 this morning for a ride.  Got in 32 miles, but f-ing crosswinds the whole way were a p.i.t.a., and I'm not in riding shape either.  The plan was to go further, but we ditched that.  Raffy, btw, is not a good riding partner, as he ditched us  :)

Jeff you did great man. I've been where almost where you are. I've lost over 100lbs from my max and I've got a lot of miles in my legs over the years (not enough). I'm a no-drop person myself when riding with friends, it's not hard to make a workout out of basically anything.

I got in a 10 mile ride this morning.  I averaged 12mph, which is pretty good for me.  Considering half the ride is up hill, I'm happy with that right now.  I'm still tinkering with my setup and almost have everything just right.  I would never have thought that 5mm up in seat height could make that much difference but it does.  My knees felt much better after that change and I was able to keep up a better pace. 

I don't know if any of you are into pro racing but tomorrow is Paris-Roubaix. The cobbled classics are the awesome. This is my favorite race of the year. Hope to do the cyclosportive before I die. Edit: it's on NBC sports! Awesome!

Really liked watching the race today.  The crowd seemed to be pretty bad taking a rider out so close to the end and I really thought Cancellera coming to a stop at the end so he could get the Giant guy in front of him was annoying.

I don't know where it will be.  Depends on if Justin wants to travel.  

I am going to copy Vicki and put the trailer hitch carrier I bought last year on my truck.  Noticed the one I have been using has damaged the roof of my truck.

I just got a call from my sister.  My niece just had her first big fall on her bike.  I didn't get any details except that she was going about 30 mph when it happened.  She hit her head pretty hard.  Fortunately she was wearing a helmet.  She doesn't appear to have a concussion or any broken bones, but she does have a lot of road rash.  She was riding with her lbs owner boy friend and, not too surprisingly, knew what to do.  I hope that she's covered for the ambulance ride.