HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I've actually been scoping out a JKS that's been one of the other boards that's for sale and it's close to how my particular frame measures.  

If you don't get it, for that price, if it fits, someone here should.  

I have to say the Head Case Cycling meet is going to be a pretty sweet bike show at the rate the people here are going.

Think I am going to take the DeSalvo out  tomorrow, flat pedals and all.  Hopefully all the Spandex people won't laugh at me too much.   ;D

Even if the bike show is only your bikes.  :)  You still in line for a Firefly, right?

Enjoy the ride.  Just out of curiosity, why haven't you switched out the pedals?

No, too pricey for me that one. Will probably go with the regular ("full custom"), with an outside chance on a JKS which is again more than I'd like to spend. I'll have to say that Dave is the only builder I'd pay that much for a frame.

Got it.  I'm still just as excited for you!

If you don't get it, for that price, if it fits, someone here should.  

Even if the bike show is only your bikes.   :)  You still in line for a Firefly, right?

Enjoy the ride.  Just out of curiosity, why haven't you switched out the pedals?

Got it.  I'm still just as excited for you!

Yes, the Firefly build is supposed to take place late this year.  The DeSalvo is my ride to the train station bike and I do not want to mess with bike shoes each day.

Flats on a road bike do not work for me.  I guess I will need some clipless  pedals on the DeSalvo.  Never had my feet in the right place, especially with the slick as hell Brooks seat.  Managed to set two PRs somehow but the hills were pretty tough on my super heavyweight bike.

Hmmmm... so custom d-_-b bar tape?

RBA%20bar%20tape.jpg

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/Related-Stories/content/67/6593/Lunch-Ride-Review-Zevlin-Big40-Handlebar-Tape.html

http://www.zevlin.com/category_s/1863.htm

Minimum order of 10, 25$ set up feet, and around 35$/set.

Black with the  wrapped around it? (Though it'd be just the logo part.)  They also offer white, but figure most around here would want black tape.

Here's what they say about the colors they offer for logos.

Pick one of our standard colors to use for your logo (white, black, red, green, yellow, pink, maroon, grey, glaze red, neon yellow, neon orange, neon green, metallic silver, metallic gold). NOTE-the colors react differently when placed on white tape vs. black tape. Example-Pink is pink on white tape but is Purple on black tape. Zevlin works hard to reproduce your vision but variations do happen. 

Just something I saw that looked interesting.

**BRENT**

HC%20Bike%20Kit%20-%20First%20Try.jpg

I got bored and remembered this site that Nate, I think, posted in the old thread. http://www.eclipsecycling.com/

It's not perfect, but what do you guys think?

30 for jerseys, 28 for shorts, 30 for bibs.
50 for jersey/short kit, 52 for jersey/bib kit.

Looks like that's good for up to 3X, 4X is a little more.

I've been told it needs "sponsors."  Justin, is HeadAmp going to sponsor? What about InnerFidelity? :)

**BRENT**

Vicki you're 100% right re the frame that's on the other forum.  I'm torn due to the fact that the thing would fit me but there's the "I already have a JKS and shouldn't be looking at another" devil on my shoulder.  Any way you slice it for that frame it's a very good deal. When it was all said and done I paid substantially more for my frame than the owner is asking for the same thing right now.  

This brings up a question that I have a tough time with.  What makes some people buy and then flip custom and not inexpensive items in short amounts of time?  

HC%20Bike%20Kit%20-%20First%20Try.jpg

I got bored and remembered this site that Nate, I think, posted in the old thread. http://www.eclipsecycling.com/

It's not perfect, but what do you guys think?

30 for jerseys, 28 for shorts, 30 for bibs.

50 for jersey/short kit, 52 for jersey/bib kit.

Looks like that's good for up to 3X, 4X is a little more.

I've been told it needs "sponsors."  Justin, is HeadAmp going to sponsor? What about InnerFidelity? :)

**BRENT**

:palm:

Flash crashed, and I lost that build.  Oh well. I'm sure someone else could do it better anyways, but just wanted to play around and see if the jersey thing could happen.

**BRENT**

Dan: I don't care.

FWIW, I don't have the software to keep the transparency of the logo, so I'm pretty much stuck with a white background, at least with the online maker.  Would orange/yellow need to be front and back, or just one or the other? I could see if it'd be possible to do like our Red Oxx bags and mix and match a little.

**BRENT**

Maybe we can recruit Edwood to do a design.

Met up with a co-worker for a leisurely, and I mean real leisurely (10-14 mph) 40-mile ride this morning.  Just had fun gabbing and riding, stopping for breakfast, and not paying attention to anything but having fun.  Nice, but I have to start remembering sunscreen.

If it has neon anything I am out. Not saying that should be a deciding factor for anyone else.

Got in about 40 miles of climbing and hammering on the pedals. Good times.

http://www.trainingpeaks.com/av/FULKFGS5VR522YFACOH2PSBAQQ

Got to figure out a better way to share stuff. BTW Calfee+MadFiber is the awesome, it just soaks up everything but doesn't flex at all. It's awesome!

Edited by Dreadhead

Did 20 miles this morning.  The whole ride was one big PR for me.  20 miles, 1161 ft elevation gained, 12.1 mph avg.  I'm slow but I did make my goal today.

Count me in for a jersey.  Color does not matter for me.

Edited by c12mech
  • Like 2