CanLanta 2013 - May 4th - Atlanta, GA

MexicanDragon

Flight booked and room booked.

Could only do the room for 5/3 - 5/5 at the group rate and when I called the reservation line for Marriot they wanted a $154 for staying the extra night.  So I called this hotel directly, the guy I spoke with said just to tell them when I check-in I want to stay an extra day and they'll do it at the group rate usually.  I guess I'm doing that, I hope the hotel doesn't get fully booked.  Otheriwse I'll need a place to crash on Sunday night ;D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, it's been a few weeks, just a friendly reminder to take off work if you need to, buy tickets/rooms/save up for gas, ask significant others if it's OK (or tell them that you're going and they can deal), whatever it is you gotta do.  Getting close, kids!

Oh, and I have a brand new set of Stax SRS-002s I'm bringin' as well. ;)

**BRENT**

Ugh, prices went up for me as well.  I was looking at the location of this hotel and it is pretty far away from the city.  According to the website, the closest subway stop is 5 miles away.  Is that correct?   Is there anyway to get there by public transportation?   If not, I am assuming that the trips to places in the city would probably not be very practical. 

Welcome to Atlanta  ;D

for Beer I really like The Porter in Little Five Points and Vortex which is just ok is right across the way 

THe Brick Store in Decatur is right off the Marta station and is world class as well

I'm sure there are other great places but Porter and Brick House are musts in Atlanta for beer 

And for any of those not wanting to deal with Marta, I'm gonna make myself available for DD transport to/from anywhere (I can carry four in my car).

Also anyone into blues music has to hit the Northside Tavern at some point. Very little to choose from to drink, and is in the complete opposite direction from the hotel as L5P & Decatur, but there's great music almost every night, and I'll pay the cover for anyone wanting to go on Fri/Sat.

Dammit!  I confirmed Vicki is out too :(

Shelly, Jim, tkam, DP, Scoot, SO, Wayne -- you guys have GOTS to make up for it!  Alex, if you're driving, you should pick Vicki up on your way.  I'll make it worth you're while. (This involves me doing something humourous, like chugging REALLY spicy mustard, or something like that.

Come on, guys!  Mike, I'm bummed your not gonna make it.

**BRENT**

Confirmed. I will not be able to make it. I has a sad. 

So bummed...

well sorry to say this fellas but my ability to get away is pretty shot due to a family medical situation. This sucks as I was totally looking forward to seeing you all. 

and bummed some more. 
Edited by shellylh