Official Hockey Thread - 2013 Edition

skullguise

OT, baby. Al, get thee to a proper tv.

Ok, so in the post game commentary, talking heads are saying the play stoppage in this game was inexcusable, but the penalty shot call in last game was ok? Wtf? Both were bad, so, for me,u it's karma, just like the Buddha said.

Edited by agile_one

Damn.  Congrat on the big win Mike.  I'm almost glad that the questionable call didn't end up making the difference.  Oh, and I really don't want to listen to these Hawk homers on the radio ever again, but I probably will have to do so when the Hawks dethrone the Kings.

Don't hold any special love or hate for either team, but it would have been nice to see the "underdog" Wings win it.  And indeed, a great series overall.  The after-game handshake looked like the classiest I've EVER seen, tons of apparent respect between the teams.

Now the 4 remaining teams are the last 4 winners of the Stanley Cup....

This weekend (when the Rangers were still alive) the Little Monkey was up late with my brother and me.  He asked us what a "5 tool hockey player was."  For those of you who don't know, 5-tools is really a baseball term:

1)  Hitting for Power

2)  Hitting for Average

3)  Fielding Ability

4)  Throwing Ability

5)  Speed

So we asked the Little Monkey how he thought that applied to hockey.  His answer:

1) Offense

2) Defense

3) Skating

4) Scoring

5) Punching