The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

HiqD7Xb.jpg

c3OGskw.jpg

Actress Bettye Ackerman, examines a record needle through a microscope during the 1964 High Fidelity Stereo Show, held at the Ambassador Hotel.

t5NwTYR.jpg

2h9nOPI.jpg

2fODqTI.jpg

S4a5T8o.jpg

dH4PG7o.jpg

YMNrfSd.jpg

p6yViOW.jpg

The Hindenburg over South Boston, 1936.

"Fackin Nazis flying their fackin balloons ovah Southie, that Hitlah dude is a wicked peckahead."

O1I9wUz.jpg

nqoLwbu.jpg

FgF7ATb.jpg

LMWbFb1.jpg

Canyon of the Yellowstone, Wyoming.

b5rXZvH.jpg]

Edited by Knuckledragger

6 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

^ Wow.  The gorgeous Charolotte Rampling in her mid 20's.  

Indeed. inspired by an interview on NPR, and one google search led to another ...

The image url does rather give it away, don't you think?

6 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

At one stage she was married to Jean Michel Jarre. 

uh-huh

Corbis-42-16219200.jpg?size=67&uid=43378

160722422-jean-michel-jarre-and-charlott

7f0aa03b24c5a4aed0f4b595e68db95a.jpg

9-charlotterampling-jean-micheljarre.jpg

• Like 1

Oh Wow.  Wow.  Repeat as necessary.

I took my daughter to see Jarre in concert maybe 4 years ago.   I got seats slap bang in the middle of the front row.  Looking around she said "oh my - I must be the youngest person here (the Birmingham arena seats 15,000).  I set the scene, that he always makes a dramatic entrance, yadda yadday- we were not disappointed - fan of light and a gloved fist comes through it. He starts playing "Oh - he's real cute!" er yes kidda - he is ten years older than me - spot the surgery and botox!  He's still a fantastic performer though.  Not married to Rampling though because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

7 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Yeah, not seeing JMJ live (ever) is a regret of mine, he's one of my top 20 favourite music acts, and a role model of sorts.  (Not the not-keep-it-in-his-pants part, though; the making instrumental music that's accessible as part, yes.)

Next time he tours Dusty make the effort - it is well worth it.  For at least half an hour before the concert the synth technicians are working on the ancient gear that he needs for early numbers, just to make sure it is still working and set up right.  But JMJ is a phenomenon on stage.  Largest audience in Russia - 3.5 million.  So seeing him in a "small" venue of 15,000 is just great.

Although why would you screw around when you had Rampling to come home to kind of defeats me.

• Like 1