Chicago "Let's get Fucked Up" Mini meet, Part 1

VPI

No, we did not get the $900 bottle service.  If the mini skirt hostess was the bottle girl instead of our goofy mumbling waiter, it might have happened.

We started out at the new HC Lunch Spot, Big Star.

i-hHMgQGS-X2.jpg

A sample of their food, the Walking Taco

i-kxj6zJB-X2.jpg

Big Star seems like a must see during the summer in Chicago.

Then we will have the option to chase down the doughnut truck for dessert.

i-VpvB9tL-X2.jpg

We then walked back to the car to drive less than a mile to the next spot, The Map Room.

i-DtX9JxQ-X2.jpg

A nice place that was a little dead early in the afternoon which made everything a bit more relaxed than this place typically is for the HC crew.

We headed to The Local Option next and Adrian started another water review.

i-ZHMgHKf-X2.jpg

Mike reading his review to decide which water he would be enjoying today.

i-cbwtdD5-X2.jpg

While Bryan ignored the water nonsense and reviewed the menu as we have decided to go Colin style and have Lunch No. 2.

i-KGRTjFG-X2.jpg

i-T9S2TxF-X2.jpg

i-xJ3FZWR-X2.jpg

Next we went back in time at Barrelhouse Flats.

i-wSV2gD2-X2.jpg

And had cocktails that would have made Baker proud.

i-Gn8pjHz-X2.jpg

And Lunch No.3 or Dinner No.1 of some green slimy balls that smelled like ass and some Poutine.

All that was left was the trip home and the cursing at cab drivers and dinner No.2 for Adrian and I at the Outback Steakhouse at our crappy hotel.

Really had a great time and I am grateful the HC Chicago crew showed up to make it an awesome day.

• Like 1

One last note, Adrian has just about as much game as Colin.  I was tempted to leave the table after he hiccuped his way through a pick up line to the one girl that had shown up at our table all night (to give us water, but she was a girl).  We never saw her again that night.

It was a long day of drinking so I was glad to see Mike sign on this morning. He still had a long drive after dropping us off and Bryan was passed out at that point.

Adrian is late for breakfast and missing our drug dealer friend trolling the lobby in the same sweet Puma track suit and gold cross he was sporting yesterday.

Would have liked to get back to FFF but I had no way to get back for my flight and I never even saw Adrian this morning. I am at the airport waiting for the usual United delays so I can get home.

Had a great time with the Chicago crew and First Lieutenant Hiccups.

• Like 1

Let's just say I was mightily successful in getting fucked up. Mike can attest to that. Next time we go to Barrelhouse, I seriously need to slow down.

...otherwise, it was a kickass day. Jeff and Adrian - you both rock. Thanks for making the trip out and I hope we were able to show you a few new good places.

I can indeed authenticate the level of fucked uppedness in my Lil Bro. Mission accomplished. 

I, on the other hand, was barely phased....  O0 

It was awesome spending time with Jeff and Adrian. Thanks for visiting and I hope we showed you a good time. We had some awesome food (even the little green assballs)*, awesomer beer and excellent cocktails. And you can't imagine how funny it can be just hanging with these guys, drinking and people watching. Come back any time guys.

*not to be confused with the Roger Miller song "Little Green Apples."

Sorry I was incommunicado. I had the "fucked up" part of the meet down pat this morning. Made it home safe though.

Won't be the last time I make the drive for sure. I had an excellent time thanks to our organizer and chauffeur respectively. People watching in the morning with Jeff was also enjoyable. Pity I missed it today...

Edited by Emooze

I thought you were doing alright Bryan.

Lol, not 3 minutes after we dropped you guys off at the hotel I had Mike pull over so I could revisit my selection of cocktails. I only looked asleep in the car because I was trying desperately to hold it together until we bid you farewell.

My bedroom was still spinning when I woke up this morning. I'm 100% now though.

I regret nothing ;).