Your recent music purchases

deepak

Last night I picked up Neil Young's Chrome Dreams ll w/ bonus disc

and Eric Dolphy - Prestige Profiles w/ a bonus disc.

(Prestige Profiles Collector's Edition Vol.5) it's got some

selections by Booker Ervin, Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane,

Yusef Lateef and 3 others. Getting ready to listen to some

Neil Young in HDCD right now 8)

Two Linn albums in 24-bit/88.2kHz FLAC. The Messiah recording (my first one!) is pretty incredible. I can't imagine how they managed to record such crisp, detailed sound in Greyfriar's Kirk, Edinburgh (a cathedral). I've performed there myself and it can be quite echoy. Linn must've used dozens of microphones, which can only make the mastering process more difficult. The recording will definitely sound better than if you were to go and listen to it live.

lisztsonataandetudessleab7.png

messiahdublinversion174ee6.png

• 3 weeks later...

\m/ hell yeah!

You have to grab Black One on vinyl, it rocks! If only you got into Sunn earlier you would have sunk so much money into them :o

White box set originally sells for $80 (IIRC 4 piece vinyl, bunch of other stuff), now sells for twice as much.

\m/ hell yeah!

You have to grab Black One on vinyl, it rocks! If only you got into Sunn earlier you would have sunk so much money into them :o

White box set originally sells for $80 (IIRC 4 piece vinyl, bunch of other stuff), now sells for twice as much.

the southern lord web site just has tons of vinyl I just want to throw my paycheck at. $17.77 for Pink on pink vinyl is too much for my little heart to take. I might buy the red vinyl just for the hell of it.

the southern lord web site just has tons of vinyl I just want to throw my paycheck at. $17.77 for Pink on pink vinyl is too much for my little heart to take. I might buy the red vinyl just for the hell of it.

Earth - Hibernaculum is a great album that is worth checking out while you're adding stuff to your cart :D

Lighter guitar drone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUNN-O-Black-One-2-LP-Vinyl-Sealed_W0QQitemZ330198598635QQihZ014QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

looks like its starting to get fairly pricey as well. :-\

I love the way Southern Lord releases vinyl, with multiple versions on different colors of vinyl. Very cool, and reasonably priced when in print. This is definitely a company I will follow for a long time to come. I was pretty excited to get Altar on black vinyl. :) still haven't listened to it though. since I prewash all my vinyl before the first listen, its hard to get motivated to put on a new record when I could just spin Monk's Music for the sixth time. ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon order came in:

Barclay James Harvest - First Album

Polysics - Polysics Or Die!!! Vista

Oscar Peterson Trio at the Stratford Shakespearean Festival

Peterson/Pass/Pederson - The Trio

Richard Thompson - Action Packed - The Best of the Capitol Years

David Bowie - Lodger

David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars (Motion Picture Soundtrack)

• 1 month later...

Bought: Pre-ordered Obzen by Meshuggah and bought Destroy Erase Improve also by Meshuggah

I haven't bought much recently though because I have just discovered that my library has an amazing program for borrowing CDs. I can search online to see if any library in my corner of Mass. has a CD and it will be shipped over to my local library and I can pick it up! There's a huge selection and I've borrowed and ripped over 30 CDs in 2 months! Hurray! ;D ;D

Some of the borrowed: Set Yourself on Fire by Stars

Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Stakes Is High by De La Soul

The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest