slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian Bale going OFF on a hapless DP on the set of Terminator 3.

Transcript from SmurfyX, who must have a lot of time on his hands.

Bale = Christian Bale, Enraged Thespian

Hurlbut = Shane Hurlbut, Director of Photography

McG = McG, Director

Bale: "-kick your fucking ass-"

Hurlbut: "-Christian Christian-"

Bale: "I want you off the fucking set, you prick!"

Hurlbut: "Christian, I'm sorry."

Bale: "No, don't just be sorry! Think for one fucking second. That the fuck are you doing? Are you professional or not?"

Hurlbut: "Yes I am."

Bale: "Do I fucking walk around and rip down-"

Bruce: "-Christian, Christian-"

Bale: "-No, shut the fuck up Bruce! Do I want -NO NO- Don't shut me up-"

Bruce: "-I'm not shutting you up-"

Bales: "-Am I gonna walk around and rip your fucking lights down, in the middle of a scene? Then why the fuck are you walking right through uhdaduhdaduh like this in the background? What the fuck is it with you? What don't you fucking understand-"

Someone: "<unintelligible, probably a name> take everybody out."

Bale: "You've got any fucking idea about -- hey it's fucking distracting having somebody walking up behind Bryce in the middle of the fucking scene. Give me a fucking answer! What don't you get about it?"

Hurlbut: "I was, looking at the light."

Bale: "Oh good for you! And how was it? I hope it was fucking good because it's useless now isn't it? Fuck's sake man, you're amateur. McG, you got fucking something to say to this prick?"

McG: "I didn't see it happen."

Bale: "Well somebody should be fucking watching him and keeping an eye on him."

McG: "Fair enough."

Bale: "It's the second time that he doesn't give a fuck about what is going on in front of the camera-"

McG: "-alright-"

Bale: "-alright? I'm trying to fucking do a scene here and I'm going: Why the fuck is Shane walking in there? What is he doing there? Do you understand my mind is not in the scene if you're doing that."

Hurlbut: "I absolutely apologize, I'm sorry I did not mean anything by it-"

Bale: "Stay off the fucking set man, for fuck's sake. Alright let's go again."

Someone: "Let's take a minute."

Bale: "Let's not take a fucking minute, let's go again! And let's not have you fucking walking in! Can I have Tom put this on please?"

Someone: "Yeah Tom wardrobe please, Tom wardrobe."

Bale: "You're unbelievable man, you're un-fucking-believable. Number of times you're strolling afucking round in the background. I never had a DP behave like this. Uhh, you don't fucking understand what it's like working with actors, that's what that is-"

Hurlbut: "-no that's not-"

Bale: "-THAT'S what that is man, I'm telling you. I'm not asking I'm telling you. You wouldn'ta done that otherwise."

Hurlbut: "-No, what it is is looking at the light and making sure uh, that you were-"

Bale: "-I'm gonna fucking kick your fucking ass if you don't shut up for a second-"

Someone: "-Christian Christian just cool it-"

Bale: "I'm gonna go, you want me to fucking go trash your lights? Do you want me to fucking trash them? Then why are you trashing my scene?"

Hurlbut: "-I'm not trying to trash them-"

Bale: "You are trashing my scene! You do it one more fucking time and I ain't walking on this set if you're still hired. I'm fucking serious. You're a nice guy, you're a nice guy. But that don't fucking cut it when you're bullshittin and fucking around like this on set."

McG: "Alright lets lets try again."

Bale: "Yeah you might get it, he doesn't fucking get it-"

McG: "I got it, I know I get it, I get it.

Bale: "You might, he. Does. Not. Get it."

McG: "I know, and good adjustments, okay? For real, honestly, I get it. Let's walk for five seconds."

Bale: "No I don't need any fucking walking. He needs to stop walking, I ain't the one walking. Let's get Tom to put this back on and let's go again. Seriously man you and me we're fucking done professionally. Fucking ass."