slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Is that the Statue of Liberty in the mushroom cloud?

I don't think so.

511103951_964a93c85a_b.jpg

^^This is the original background image. It's from a famous series of pictures of a 1970 nuclear test conducted by the French. My best friend in college had this one as a poster on his dorm room wall:

510672745_09f77c4c23_b.jpg

My conclusion is that if you're seeing the Statue of Liberty in there, it must be an acid flashback: tripping_smiley.gif;D

511287693_96eb556d37_b.jpg

511234695_c69bff71e9_b.jpg

From Boxxy's ED page:

I like Boxxy, and here's why. I'm not postpubescent (over 25), I have a girlfriend, and I don't fantasize about her. I like her because she is the antidote, the antithesis, the hemlock in the cup to Internet Tough Guyism.

I was surprised to see that, for all its posturing, /b/ really does hold one thing sacred: it's 'bad muthafucka' image of itself. /b/ really believes that it's frightening, that it's tougher than a Ford Chevy, that it's badass masculinity personified, in a sense. And, before, there were very few ways to disrupt this image, to give it a good hard kick in the shins.

And then Boxxy came along. Boxxy love is everything /b/ hates - passive, gentle, adorable, sweet. It gives without asking, it loves without asking in return. Instead of being aggressively faux-adult, it's happily faux-childlike. That's why Boxxy became a meme - because she DIDN'T want the attention; because she provided no pics (as the /b/tards will attest). As a result, Boxxy turned into the most successful way to troll the /b/tards ever devised. It actually makes the gore and violence and sexism and racism fantards squeal, because it hits them where it hurts - in their image of themselves. How can they be tough, scary guys when their favorite hangout is one long love poem to Boxxy love? So that's why I love Boxxy - the sound of /b/'s humiliation is sweet music to my ears.

*chuckle* I must say I'm generally in favor that upsets /b/tards/