slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee good, headache bad. Drink coffee. :)

Don't tempt me. I love, love coffee; but I originally cut it out because of this crap. Its just not worth having a headache for 70% of my awake time, and waking up with heartburn repeatedly throughout the night. When I cut out daily coffee drinking, I don't get any of this.

Don't tempt me. I love, love coffee; but I originally cut it out because of this crap. Its just not worth having a headache for 70% of my awake time, and waking up with heartburn repeatedly throughout the night. When I cut out daily coffee drinking, I don't get any of this.

peet's half-caf

Or try a cup of tea to see whether it's the caffeine or something else about the coffee.

I'm pretty sure its the caffeine, cause for multiple days I'll have energy drinks, etc. and I'm fine.

Tea just isn't the same :(

Oh well, I'd rather not feel like crap, and just enjoy coffee once in a while. It's wierd actually, I'm not very sensitive to caffeine.

Tea just isn't the same :(
I just ordered a couple of cases of Fast Lane Tea -- it has more caffeine than regular drip coffee, although less than an espresso.

Admittedly, that's the exception, not the rule. You're right, most black teas are a small fraction of the caffeine of most coffees.

But I still think Dan's idea is a good one for most people -- ween yourself down to one cup a day, then switch to tea or 50%, then quit completely.

The headaches usually only last two weeks, right? (And by that, I mean not continuously, I mean on and off.)

I just ordered a couple of cases of Fast Lane Tea -- it has more caffeine than regular drip coffee, although less than an espresso.

Admittedly, that's the exception, not the rule. You're right, most black teas are a small fraction of the caffeine of most coffees.

But I still think Dan's idea is a good one for most people -- ween yourself down to one cup a day, then switch to tea or 50%, then quit completely.

The headaches usually only last two weeks, right? (And by that, I mean not continuously, I mean on and off.)

Oh I didn't mean to compare the caffeine content, just that I LOVE coffee, and tea is no coffee.

I'm not going to ween, just stop. I don't remember the last time I stopped, but IIRC the headaches went away after about a week. I don't know if it'll take that long, even. I only drink about a cup or two a day as it is.