slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the description:

The first commercial was simple. Absolutely nothing to it. The second one, however...
That wig weighed 12 lbs. It was bolted to a rafter system in a false ceiling on the set and glued to my real hair. At some point, the director informally wrapped for lunch and forgot I was standing there still. The whole crew had, like, an hour lunch without me!
That bald cap was made specifically for me from a plaster cast of my head. It would have fit perfectly, if it weren't for all my damn hair. I offered to shave it, but they refused. I don't know why. I started high school pretty soon after and I was bald by my second year anyway.
The third commercial was the most involved. The revolving was done with a makeshift turntable platform. We moved it very slowly and they sped it up post-production. If you slow the clip down, you can see all the stupid faces I'm making. That was fun.
The last bit required I wear a harness to bolt myself to the set's ceiling corner. As I bent over, the stiff harness pressed against my diaphragm, making it extremely difficult to breathe. We got me up there by bolting in my left shoe first and then hoisting me up using a cable system. It was so tight, and there was nothing supporting my upper body, so the whole time I was flexing my abs, trying to keep as close to the walls as possible, trying to breathe, and flail my arms about. I kind of collapsed a bit as soon as the director yelled "cut." You can see how exhaused I am in the very last second.

Making these commercials was a trip. It took about three days for me altogether, including the voice-over stuff. Yeah, that "popsicle zone" voice is me, too, though I never got credit for it. I thought about getting back into acting, but you could tell I had just started puberty. The onslaught of zits after these commercials didn't allow me the luxury.