Who does this test say you should vote for?

postjack

well even if Gravel is the most compatible candidate amongst all test takers, its still only 14.20% compatibility, which makes it pretty remarkable that a lot of us are scoring for him. At first glance the site appears to be a military site, which would make me think it is more conservative then not.

anybody taken an MBTI? i wonder how many INTJs we have here... :)

I have a 76 percent match with Bill Richardson... sounds about right to me.

turns out Obama is the second choice (Duh!), with around 70 percent. the rest of the dems turn out to be in the 60s, and Asshat Brownback at the bottom of the barrel.

I like my brother's quote about Romney: "The more you learn about him, the more ambiguous he becomes."

I have a 76 percent match with Bill Richardson... sounds about right to me.

turns out Obama is the second choice (Duh!), with around 70 percent. the rest of the dems turn out to be in the 60s, and Asshat Brownback at the bottom of the barrel.

I like my brother's quote about Romney: "The more you learn about him, the more ambiguous he becomes."

I like Romney's quote about your brother: "Who?"

some other test that escapes me at the moment matched me up with steve hansen:

I believe that the America of my youth, a hopeful and decent place, can be combined with the technology of the future. This will provide the best for the American people in that it will be both a family-friendly place to live and a land of opportunity. As part of having a family-friendly place to live, we need better schools, environmental conservation, less crime and urban blight, and fewer government bureaucracies with functions irrelevant toward those goals.

PLATFORM

New environmental regulations designed to stop expansion of our cities and preserve natural land. While reducing the amount of paperwork required of American business, we will strictly limit pollution/emissions, land use, and creation of non-recyclable waste. Furthermore, federal funds will be diverted to purchase unused land that can be preserved in its natural state; our ultimate goal is for 25% of available land to go toward human use and the rest to be a giant nature preserve for the enjoyment of all citizens. Immediate tax credits will go to all businesses supporting the new regulations, and toward landlords in urban areas who build higher-occupancy, low-footprint housing.

Our education policy will shift from "No Child Left Behind" to a policy of giving all students a basic education, but putting our energy behind those demonstrating excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and public discourse. Our goal is to nurture the best among us while ensuring that all have the basic skills needed to cope with modern society. The tax code will be revised to be friendlier to those taking out student loans in a timely period, and academia will be re-vamped to be less supportive of perpetual students and academics with no real-world experience.

To stop our cities from being blighted, we will enforce no tolerance laws for public misbehavior and allocate federal funds to repair damage, clean clutter and garbage, and remove graffitti. Those who prove chronically unable to stop vandalizing and criminalizing our cities will be consigned to work study programs far from those cities until they are able to control themselves. In order to stop the minority/majority division of our cities, we will support autonomy for each ethnic group and immediately repeal all affirmative action and equal housing laws to preserve the character of local communities and return control to local people.

Government will itself come under reconstruction. Laws will be written in plain English. All citizen functions on the federal level will go through a single bureau, as will all business functions, and the tax code will be drastically simplified to a 30% flat tax with deductions for environmental compliance only. The resulting time saved will result in re-investment of otherwise wasted monies into the American people.

Abortion, drug legalization, school prayer/teaching of creationism will become a state-by-state issues and the federal government will not intervene to influence the outcome.

Immigration, legal and otherwise, will cease. We have enough people in America already and will endanger both our economy and environment if we accept more. Employers hiring illegal aliens will be penalized with fines and will not be eligible for federal contracts. As intercepted during the course of normal law enforcement, illegal aliens will be deported. Our Border Patrol will be expanded and walls, fences and electronic detection systems build as necessary. If we do not hire illegals and give them welfare, they will stop coming.

Military spending will be reduced in all areas except maintenance of strong standing Army, Navy and Air Force, and research and development provided that military innovations become available to the private sector within the decade, excluding means only able to produce lethal force. Our goal will be a mobile, low-technology Army designed to fight both guerrillas and smaller conventional forces. We will pursue a missile shield for America itself.

In all areas of government, I pledge to reduce paperwork and make the decisions and reasoning behind them more accessible to the motivated citizen. Our goal is to simplify, streamline, and with the money saved, re-invest in American industry and jobs and education.

BACKGROUND

Steven Hansen graduated from Wesleyan College in 1997 and has since that time been a consultant in the information technology field. His interest in politics began with participation in online environmental and pro-democracy initiatives, but since that time he has branched out to volunteer with local politics. Although this would be his first term as a political leader, his candidacy alone will help loosen the two-party strangehold on power and awaken the citizenry to the simple solutions to many divisive issues.

now i just have to wait to be able to vote.