Sony PFR-V1 Personal Field Speakers

postjack

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness a few comments:

• I can imagine that they'd be wicked fussy to get setup right given that no two heads are the same.
  • Battery powered, no thanks! I think I read that you can use them sans battery but I wonder how that amplification is bypassed once you take the batts out.
  • Pretty lofty entry price.

they were that super beat up pair that went for $700 on eBay. He did indeed get them refurbed by Alex.

Hrm I think juzminster or whatever was the guy that actually got those and had them refurbished.

I think he was asking 1200 for them maybe that's not what 003 paid but I'm sure he paid at least something in the order of ~1k.

Hrm I think juzminster or whatever was the guy that actually got those and had them refurbished.

I think he was asking 1200 for them maybe that's not what 003 paid but I'm sure he paid at least something in the order of ~1k.

Ah, okay. I remember someone putting them up for sale almost immediately after he had them refurbished, I couldn't remember if it was 003 and he took them off the market, or juzmister. I'm pretty sure your right though, I recall now if was juz.

BTW, did you get your name from the Malazan series of books? There is a character in there named Icarium. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I read few reviews of these things in Japanese, and most of them have been good (not great) to lukeworm about them. One constant has been issues with bass and overall thinness of the sound. Oh and they expected more from 55000 yen headphones.

EDIT - I tried to put the Yen symbol (?), but it showed up as ? mark after I posted.

juzminster bought them off of eBay and had them shipped directly to me. When I opened the box I started to :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( when I saw what condition they were actually in. The pictures on eBay didn't even begin to explain how bad they really were. After about $600 (including recable) they were back to better then new. I don't even want to think about how bad they were though. juzminster ended up selling them to 003 who sold them for whatever reason. I do see where these Sony phones can sound pretty nice, but I am willing to put my money on the fact that they are no K1000 killer. 003 has already contacted me about getting them recabled so we will see where all of this leads to.

-Alex-

I'm assuming juzminster didn't buy them new?

Wait, 003 sold the the recabled pair he bought from juzminster, only to buy another pair right after?

juzmister bought them used from eBay for $600 or 700. Something like that because of how bad the condition was. The were shipped to me to get them all fixed up and recabled. 003 bought them from juzmister about 4 months later and sold them after owning them for about 2 months to be able to fund these new Sony headphones.

-Alex-