Upstateguy's November NYC meet impressions (with picture content, woot!)

Upstateguy

Hi Guys

It was a great meet. I always enjoy everyone's impressions.

First off, it was too bad trose49 couldn't make it. I was looking forward to meeting him.

orig.jpg

n_maher, on the other, hand did make it

orig.jpg

and he brought some great sounding stuff

orig.jpg

Nate was nice enough to open the Herstens DAC so we could have a peak inside

orig.jpg

it was hard to compare the balanced mini M^3 to the one I brought because Nate was feeding it from an Arcam into his "Hertsens" DAC and I was going optical out of a Shuttle computer to a Constantine DAC..... but I'll leave it to those who are not as affected by placebo effect as I am to report on the sound....

orig.jpg

I thought the pico was very nice. Its size was much smaller and its sound was much bigger than I anticipated...

orig.jpg

it was so small, I took a picture next to my watch to show the size

orig.jpg

trose49's name badge made the rounds.... here it is gracing a Woo 3+... and speaking of the Woos, Jack brought the ones with the V-cap upgrades and they sound tremendous

orig.jpg

USG

the stuff always looked well made to me, at good prices...

still too expensive for my blood...

not sure if i really want to get another home amp, but if i did, i'd need something that's cheap to power my hd580s. not sure what that is yet. was thinking about a mini3, but not sure about that. nate's mini32 would be sweet if i had a balanced source.

Man! I wish I would have flown out for the meet, looks like I missed some good auditioning opportunities...I've been jonesin' to try out a Woo. It would have been nice to meet some fellow audio freaks.

Hi Nick

Here are some of my Woo Pics....

the first one is before everybody got there,

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Jack told me that all the amps he brought were V-cap upgrades, except this one with blackgates, which was his favorite because of its very large sound stage

orig.jpg

and here's Jack ...................

orig.jpg

the woo stuff was awesome, especially the 5. Probably the best I heard my 225s ever. I cant really comment on it with the CD3000s since they sound so weird to me. I tried the lower end stuff (woo 6? woo 3?) but I wasnt THAT impressed. It was a good amp but I've heard better, especially at that price point.

the woo stuff was awesome, especially the 5. Probably the best I heard my 225s ever. I cant really comment on it with the CD3000s since they sound so weird to me. I tried the lower end stuff (woo 6? woo 3?) but I wasnt THAT impressed. It was a good amp but I've heard better, especially at that price point.

Agreed, that 5 was really nice..... :laugh: