Interconnect recommendations

Pars

Gentlemen I'm new to this site and it's quite interesting, and informative. I've been reading grand enigma?s remarks about my cables. I certainly take exception to his evaluations. That is an early cable of mine. While it is true that I have been upgrading a lot in the past, my new SC cable is a very stable design. I don?t understand the disdain here. Those are ribbons of pure .9999% copper and pure .9999% silver. The tubes are lightweight Teflon. This is a new design see my patent: United States Patent # 7,304,246 and it is an elegant new design. This cable pictured is from my UR series it was an unshielded cable as you can see. Those ribbons are custom made to precise specifications by me. My new cables the SC series takes this design to the highest performance, the ribbons are much finer and of a different design. The ratio of copper to silver is different. And the new SC incorporates a new state of the are carbon nickel shield. I personally like switchcraft connectors; this comes from years of experience. I have been an avid audio hobbyist since 1964, in all these years I have never come across a compromised Switchcraft RCA connector. These connectors have been used commercially for over 50 years. I now take these connectors strip off the nickel and heavy silver-plates them. To my ear they sound better than the plastic Eichmann silver bullet plug, and are certainly much more rugged. I have an idea grand enigma lets pick a neutral party here, and have a listening secession comparing your $3,300 Kharma KEI - 1a enigma interconnect against my $200 SC cable. Are you up to this?

mod edit - fixed your patent link which was so damn long it caused me to have to side scroll which i hate

Hi grover, welcome to head-case

While it is true that I have been upgrading a lot in the past, my new SC cable is a very stable design.

I thought the URS was also to be a stable design ? :)

I now take these connectors strip off the nickel and heavy silver-plates them
Which metals then remain in the signal path ?

Have you played with Xhadow and/or Bochinno XLR connectors and if so how do they compare for performance in sound to the more affordable neutrik, switchcraft etc. ?

Sorry about the confusion concerning Grand Enigma. I see he's a real competitor. I have my design out front GE what's yours. Would you mind posting photos of the interior of your cable, I'd be interested and would appreciate it. Or have you already done so and I missed it? I have played with the Xhadow and Bochinno, I like the less mass connectors. You need 100 watts just to solder those hunks of metal. I've also discovered that heavy silver plating sounds as good as solid silver in low signal connectors. Both sides of the RCA cable has copper and silver, and both are critical. The combination of the metals combines to maximize the strengths of the metals, and minimize the weaknesses. I'm pleased to be a part of this great forum.

I am open with what I use. I don't keep secrets like many of the ludicrously over priced cables. I do not have just one cable/wire I use. As I am sure you noticed on my website. I use anything from pure silver to copper, silver alloy, gold alloy and any combinations of the above. As for plugs I typically like the fit and sound of the Eichmann bullet plugs with the metal housings to make up for the cheapness of the original sleeves. I also find the Neutrik Pro-Fi and Xhadow plugs to be very nice.

I tend to tailor my cables to the need of the person. Which is the whole reason I started making cables. I was never able to find exactly what I wanted and at exactly the length I wanted. I began to make my own cables and people soon asked me to do the same. I would not say I am a competitor as I do mostly one-off custom work. I am a DIY guy more than anything and people will attest to you that I am not some audio snob wanting to make a sale. I just help out my friends when they need it. The website was made to help alleviate the stupid emails I was getting about what I offered since I offered anything someone wanted.

Very good GE, I figured you'd be open with your design since you're open with mine. So you'll post photo's of the interior of your cable here? I'm not a fan of Eichmann bullet plugs, I personally think they have to redesign the return contact, much too wimpy. Also not a fan of plastic. But to each his own. We both Love sound and want to produce the finest cable at reasonable prices. For ourselves and music lovers everywhere. I would like to hear your cable, would you be interested in a cable exchange? My cables have advanced a lot since that UR.

Gold alloy wire

GoldAlloy.png

8-way braid silver

IMG_0586.jpg

twisted pair silver...

EAEichmannSilverSpecial.jpg

All the pictures you could want are on my photobucket site.

I have also used various Vampire, Oyaide, Belden, NeoTech, Mogami, Jupiter and so on hook up wire quad cable and coax cable.

If you want me to make you a certain cable I would have no problem doing that. I have heard a number of your cables in the past and they do sound nice.

Guest sacd lover

I tried a grover cable that belonged to 909. I thought the cable was good and even considered buying them. But, for the price I knew could get another GE cable I find superior; so I passed.

I love the gold alloy IC period .... and the silver hybrid works great with my warmer tube combos. In fact, I ordered a new EA copper proto and a siver/ copper hybrid with the metal housing bullet plugs yesterday. The cats keep depleting my IC stock. :kitty:

I like the bullet plugs; nice tight fit on the rca and obviously good sounding. I just wish THE DOD would stop buying all the alloy wire up so EA could still make the Gold alloy IC's..

I tried a grover cable that belonged to 909. I thought the cable was good and even considered buying them. But, for the price I knew could get another GE cable I find superior; so I passed.

I love the gold alloy IC period .... and the silver hybrid works great with my warmer tube combos. In fact, I ordered a new EA copper proto and a siver/ copper hybrid with the metal housing bullet plugs yesterday. The cats keep depleting my IC stock. :kitty:

I like the bullet plugs; nice tight fit on the rca and obviously good sounding. I just wish THE DOD would stop buying all the alloy wire up so EA could still make the Gold alloy IC's..

Use the dogs to guard your stuff.

Very nice GE, are all your IC's unshielded? Which design do you use personally?

Depending on what the person needs and potential sources of interference. I may or may not use. Litz braiding effectively eliminates most interference however I do use copper braid when necessary for shielding.

I personally use a pair of unshielded gold/silver cable with the bullet plugs.

Depending on what the person needs and potential sources of interference. I may or may not use. Litz braiding effectively eliminates most interference however I do use copper braid when necessary for shielding.

I personally use a pair of unshielded gold/silver cable with the bullet plugs.

I still await the Oenomel MKII ;D

This really is a great forum. So that's why I can't sleep. I think it's great that there is such innovation within this passion, makes us stronger. The MUSIC FOREVER :angel:

You bring a lot of expereince and love-of-the-art to the mix; we are very fortunate to have you. I have a few of your cables (U7, S) in my rigs ands remain happy with them.