Is it just me...?

swt61

The other place has been awash of inane useless drivel lately.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/who-likes-new-headphone-smell-296771/

The only post worth reading was Wayne's sarcastic reply, but it seems this is the only crap being posted lately. Granted there doesn't seem to be a ton of useful headphone info posted here every day, but at least the threads have some value, even if only for their bull whip sharp sarcastic wit.

Welcome to two years ago.

Head-fi has become commercial. The price for that is attracting the mainstream public. So we have discussions like this, while anything technical, philosophical, abstract, or remotely interesting gets pushed to page 3 in the span of 12 hours and dies unnoticed.

It's still one heck of a marketplace though, and is pretty invaluable for putting people in touch with vendors, and finding out about new gear. That's mainly why I hang around (and the few interesting threads every once in a while).

That and helping out newbies every once in a while. The search function is still broken :(

Are you kidding me? It was already retarded back then when I got 10+ people telling me how good and cheap ALO cables were so after I made some bad purchases, I lost interest in upgrading my audio gear. Now it seems like there are more people on it and the threads are repetitive, useless, and most of all lame. I went back there to post a FS: ATH-A950LTD (yes, it is still for sale. go look at some pics in our FS thread.) and immediately I got 4-5 lowballers. One particular Quebecois was like "I will offer you $100 shipped.. or is that too less? How about $150 shipped?"

What I hate is nobody has any interest in having a real actual discussion on interesting topics. Its always such stupid bullshit that affects no one significantly. The music section is hit or miss, mostly the latter.

Instead of new, interesting topics, everyone keeps posting on how Radiohead is Lord of the Manor. Goddammit what a shitty band to have tunnel vision for. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I was kind of snippy this morning when I wrote this, because I kind of like to read some interesting threads before starting off to work. This morning this lame thread was just par for the coarse, and it's been happening more and more.

I still like to read what's going on over there, and I'm not trying to put it down, but sometimes there is such a rut of useless keyboard vomiting before something interesting pops up.

I hardly think of myself as an old timer at just over 2 years of membership, and I won't drone on about the good old days when every post was informative, but I think it tends to come in waves. I'm sure there'll be a wave of good threads eventually.

Are you kidding me? It was already retarded back then when I got 10+ people telling me how good and cheap ALO cables were so after I made some bad purchases, I lost interest in upgrading my audio gear.

That reminds me of a time when a head-fi member asked to me a post a fictitious positive review of his custom-made cable that I didn't even listen to so that he could sell it on head-fi. I think that was one of things that made me stop going there. (In addition to a major house renovation that kept me busy that is) Oh and that I'm pretty happy with my current low-end gears :)