facial hair

bjw

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i shave my beard off every few years, as i think that any bearded man should see what he really looks like, every once in a while.

My face being bald again would take some getting used to. For me at present though having this beard is practical both as a built-in bib and more seriously to prevent my head experiencing the persistant cold pains to which I am very prone.

I shave my face and my head. Try a nice laceration behind the ear sometime if you want to know real shaving fun. ;D

Don't forget the aftershave >:D

female persuasion and a lifestyle/health change are likely what will lead to my beard going. when the time comes I'll see what charity events are happening and see how much I can raise for sponsorship :)

I stop shaving because shaving is annoying. 2 weeks later, I start back because facial hair is annoying :)

I stop shaving because shaving is annoying. 2 weeks later, I start back because facial hair is annoying :)

for me the short term facial hair annoyance was just much easier to get past than the daily experience that is shaving. The long term pluses I've already mentioned were unplanned bonus's that I really hadn't thought of.

Yeah, facial hair. Can't live with it and you can't kill them all.

Laser treatment / electrolysis ?

for me the short term facial hair annoyance was just much easier to get past than the daily experience that is shaving. The long term pluses I've already mentioned were unplanned bonus's that I really hadn't thought of.

See, shaving for me isn't that big a deal. I shave in the shower with no residual ill efects.

See, shaving for me isn't that big a deal. I shave in the shower with no residual ill efects.

nah, for me enough of my stuble was pulled out rather than cut/clipped by my various electric razors that shaving has never been pleasure. :sadcat:

It's a large part of my curiosity for the way and effect of a barbers close shave.

I found this to be the case, but only for about a month or so. Then all of a sudden, I just sort of forgot about it. Never noticed it or thought about it. I kept a full beard for almost exactly one year. At least for me, you aren't bothered by it whatsoever after a while, it just sort of becomes part of you, the same way as head hair. YMMV though.

Just gotta say, as a woman. this is an odd thread to read. Women don't really ever talk about this stuff.

Last year, I went home to my folks for a visit. For the first time in years the whole family was together. Both my brothers had grown beards. It was strange. I known them for 40 plus years without. I didn't really like it.

I had a full beard for 20+ years (including my wedding :o). I had a good beard trimmer, and kept it rather short all the time (never liked the long beards). Finally shaved it off a little over a year ago (right before winter, naturally), and immediately remembered why I grew it in the first place... I hate shaving :rant:. Still clean shaven, but I try to limit my shaving to once a week, on Sunday, whether I need it or not ;D My only problem is that stubble looks good on younger guys, but on old guys, you look like a fucking bum... oh well.

My ex had a beard for most of the 10 years we were together. He looked good with it, but I hated the way it felt. Think of your lady friends, guys. Beards hurt, but less than stubble. Clean shaven is the way to go. :)
It depends on the guy, actually. Some guys have wiry, painful facial hair, some (like me) have soft, fine hair. Unfortunately, the painful hair is usually the one that looks better, my "soft fine" hair looks like pubic hair.

Plus, I have this weird tri-color thing going on -- blond moustache, turning gray under the chin, dark brown pretty much every where else.

Even after all of that, it still looks better than clean-shaven.

I'm sure you'd feel the same way if your lady friends didn't shave legs, etc., which takes as much time or more.

See, but you can skip days.. wear pants to bed.

Also, I have shaved my legs on numerous occasions. Maybe its the tough beard at play, but shaving the face is harder and irritates the skin much more. :kitty:

Im glad I dont have to shave my pits or legs. But I think it would be easier to develop a toughness to the skin on an arm pit than the human face. And of course legs are no where near as sensitive as faces. That said, I still am glad I'm a guy, cause there is a myriad of other things that females tend to do for hygiene.

hehe, reminds me of the headcase slogan :D

Plus if you forget to shave a strip or patch of hair on your legs, you don't look as goofy as when you do so on your face.

The worse scenerio is when I somehow forget a patch right under my nose and it looks sort of like a little hitler stache. Second place is when I forget a patch on the corner of one mouth - that just makes me look even stupider than I normally do :(