Who here owned (or still owns) parachute pants?

bjw

Just curious? I ran across a pair I had from 6th grade in some old boxes at my parents house.. still wondering why they went out of style. Also got to ponder why there are so many zippers, yet so few pockets.

Beat Street II, Electric Boogaloo - saw it in the theaters.

They went out of style because men looked like they were wearing diapers. It was a disturbing and confusing time for women.

As opposed to the other disturbing and confusing times? :-*

BTW, how come Aaron hasn't replied? As soon as I saw the thread title, an image of him in parachute pants popped into my head. He's a natural for them. Aaron, where are you?

Where does the uber hip hair style of including a tail fall into? Is that in the same category as a mullet .. or slightly cooler?

I had long hair in college, and when I got done and got married I got a haircut, but had them leave a tail just to mess with my wife. I came home and tried to convince her it was cool (with every intention of cutting it off once she believed it was there to stay). She snuck up behind me and chopped it off with scissors though.

aww grawk, I thought you said you lived in Missouri at one time.. didn't we teach you what "cool" was? :) Missouri is the epicenter of hipness.

Damn I wish my overalls would dry faster on the clothsline outside.

I am slaphappy waiting for happy hour to get here.

aww grawk, I thought you said you lived in Missouri at one time.. didn't we teach you what "cool" was? :) Missouri is the epicenter of hipness.

Damn I wish my overalls would dry faster on the clothsline outside.

I am slaphappy waiting for happy hour to get here.

3 months. My FIRST 3 months. My parents couldn't get out of misery fast enough :)

one more - the coolest hairstyle evar is the comb-over (complete with the part a few cm higher than the ear). I absolutely dig that... especially on windy days.

I do have an unnatural obsession with comb-overs though.

They went out of style because men looked like they were wearing diapers. It was a disturbing and confusing time for women.

Actually back in the day when I had an exceptional ass, those showed it off to the nth degree, and girls could tell your religion. Most girls seemed to love them at the time, but as usually happens they seem ridiculous later. Makes me wanna put on some Duran Duran. ;D

Actually back in the day when I had an exceptional ass, those showed it off to the nth degree, and girls could tell your religion. Most girls seemed to love them at the time, but as usually happens they seem ridiculous later. Makes me wanna put on some Duran Duran. ;D

I can understand putting the pants on again, but Duran Duran? Eeew. :P