The Orthodynamic Thread

spritzer

Actually it's a Fitz Black Clover cable, I'm listening now. Very nice! I'm driving them with the β22 now, will switch over to the Krell later. These are balanced the way I like them, not sure the treble is hot enough for Marc, but to my ear they're just right. I'll get used to them for a few days before playing with the damping.

Again, nice work Don!

Listening through the Krell KAV-400xi now. This is the very definition of synergy! This amp rocks my socks! If the F5 is at all similar in sound sig. I'll be a very happy guy. If not a 400xi is in my future. 400xi + Maggies would put a perpetual smile on Dr. Woods face. :)

If he somehow got the O2 MkI to actually sound bright, I tip my hat off to him.

welcome to the curse. I have to keep up appearances though, but yeah that's a struggle for me.

The KGSS is better in this regard than either the BH or BHSE to my ears. If the nextgen solid state amp ever materializes, I'd have very high hopes for that design.

welcome to the curse.

:D I see what you did there... Thanks for the info. I'm just not in a position to build a really complicated room heater for my 'stats right now and don't even listen to headphones often enough to warrant something like that.

I got Vincent's O2 pads in the mail today and since the ESP10 is not yet ready for them I swapped the pads with the ones on my Concept CE-H. All I can say is BAAASSSSSSSS. Straight up DT-770/80 quantity bass, possibly even a bit more (Darth Beyer?), but somewhat better in quality. Not actually directly comparing the two, but I don't really care to anyway. It was just for fun and to see what would happen.

• 4 weeks later...

People with experience in making leather earpads: what kind of leather is best for this job and is cowhide supple enough? I actually don't need that good of leather, I'm just using it to cram in the "earpads" I have now to replace the extremely acoustically leaky foam, so may need something thick, but actually maybe not as I may want to experiment with making pads later on.

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to my Thunderpants for the first time. They arrived from Don's this morning. While I don't want to post any real impressions until I've had some ample listening time logged, I will say that I'm amazed by the bass they reproduce. Tight, fast and accurate bass. What's truly impressive is that the rest of the spectrum is in no way overpowered by this incredible bass. Alison Krauss 'A Hundred Miles or More' is almost always the first CD I play when auditioning a new headphone. If a headphone can accurately reproduce her voice, and the strings of this album, then it will almost always become a favorite for me. Alison has never sounded better!