I'm just a H-F peeon

gauche

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely up for a mini-meet and JP has thrown around my name connected to a late summer larger meet. Not sure when would be a good time for a meet, but let's try to figure something out. If I am hosting, Mayberry will be more available through mid-June, then SF will be more available.

Plus, we should get to a game. I would be happy to invite you to a Giants game if you can manage to stomach a National League game. :laugh:

Definitely up for a mini-meet and JP has thrown around my name connected to a late summer larger meet. Not sure when would be a good time for a meet, but let's try to figure something out. If I am hosting, Mayberry will be more available through mid-June, then SF will be more available.

Plus, we should get to a game. I would be happy to invite you to a Giants game if you can manage to stomach a National League game. :laugh:

If you and JP don't mind coming to the ghetto, I could check on the availability of the Clubhouse here at Hilltop.

Giants game? Thanks, Keep me in mind if Lincecum is pitching, sometimes I get a jones for a cha-cha bowl.

Hi, Terry. You selling that already?

HELL NO! Just yanking some chain. Your baby is still sounding awfully sweet. I haven't found a replacement, but I'm not looking either. How's you clearance sale coming along? Anything left?

Hey Terry, welcome! Hmmm, so 3rd forum where we meet...lol...

Hope you're doing well and everything.

Too may forums, not getting a damn thing done, gonna get my ass fired but at least that'll give me time to tweak my silicon tonearm damper, get the sonex on the walls and get some production out of the darkroom.

And this time it was your fault, I didn't know HC existed until you linked a HC post on HF.

Hi, Terry. You selling that already?

SR71 is the best amp ever dont believe anyone here it is Dual Mono High Resoluction Class A Headphone Amp by Ray Samuels Audio 6moons say it's a class a power amp in your pocket i agree it is. It has tremendous ease and backgrounds so black that it would make token jealous. The price of 400 dollars is such a bargain and the price you paid for it from booom is probably rock bottom. She uses it with high end cans and has burned it in thoroughly with her lecter sources if it can be enjoyable witrh an SONY R10 then it is reference grade imho. If boomana who finds portables disturbing can hail this amp then you know its good it is on par with home amps because it uses 2x9 volts think about it a 9 volt battery is like 4 bucks so if you have to pay 8 bucks to listen to it you know it is high voltage home amp capabilities just like when you compare a honda civic hybrid's 53 dolalr gas fillup money to an caddilac escalade's $104 dollar you know the 'scalade is more comfy and can tow a boat and is mad gansta while the civic is a rice rocket for suicidal college kids. THe pico is like a honda civic while the EMMELINE SR71 is like a escalade with 30" rims and has leather seats and a big sounds system to enjoy with the neighborhood.

Don't sell the SR71 just look at how good it is this guys paying 500 for it.

Too may forums, not getting a damn thing done, gonna get my ass fired but at least that'll give me time to tweak my silicon tonearm damper, get the sonex on the walls and get some production out of the darkroom.

And this time it was your fault, I didn't know HC existed until you linked a HC post on HF.

Wow, you saw the post before it got deleted....sorry ;D

Forums take up a good lot of your time if one's not careful enough haha!

I don't visit APUG very often though, useful stuff there but also a lot of snobbery.

I just go there when I want to read up on stuff that I'm interested in.

Been quite busy lately as well so had not much time exploring the new film I got in: Rollei ATP-V1 with the RLC developer.

Today I also got a gift from an older man who visits our shop regularly; he gave me a package of the Technidol!! It's about 20 yrs old but so are some of my TP's so we'll see.

Ow, sorry for the off topic chat, peeps....wait...we're in the lounge...okay... ;D

Careful, further failure to use the multi-quote feature will result in more focused heckling. :stick:

ouch! I'm still trying to figure out how this place works. Multi-quote feature...I have not found.

Oh yes I have, the "Insert Quote" feature.

SR71 is the best amp ever dont believe anyone here it is Dual Mono High Resoluction Class A Headphone Amp by Ray Samuels Audio ....the price you paid for it from booom is probably rock bottom. ...it uses 2x9 volts think about it a 9 volt battery is like 4 bucks so if you have to pay 8 bucks ....The Pico is like a Honda Civic while the EMMELINE SR71 is like an Escalade with 30" rims and has leather seats and a big sounds system to enjoy with the neighborhood.

Yaya I git and got the picture. I'm rotating pairs of 280mAH NiMHs through every 3 or 4 days. Boom gave me a great deal +free S/H, I bought direct in Mayberry.

$104 in the 'scalade?!! Today is Bike-to-Work day, 16 miles per a bowl of yogurt, 16 miles back on half a Mr. PizzaMan special.

hehe. the SR-71 is my favorite of the RSA amps that i've heard (the other two being the HR-2 and the Raptor). it sounds like a decent Pimeta.

I heard the SR-71 in San Jose and took, what, 10 months? (SJ Nat'l to Mayberry) to get one. In the mean time Ray's lead circuit boards are banned i.e. nomore SRs. So believe me, I know and appreciate what I got.

I don't visit APUG very often though, useful stuff there but also a lot of snobbery.

I just go there when I want to read up on stuff that I'm interested in.

Been quite busy lately as well so had not much time exploring the new film I got in: Rollei ATP-V1 with the RLC developer.

Today I also got a gift from an older man who visits our shop regularly; he gave me a package of the Technidol!! It's about 20 yrs old but so are some of my TP's so we'll see.

Ow, sorry for the off topic chat, peeps....wait...we're in the lounge...okay... ;D

APUG: I'm still having fun over there, learning a lot. Snobbery? The Brits are the worst. I called out one of their favorite (Greek) sons, accused him of trolling--HC heckling has nothing on a bunch of super-egotistical photogs.

They're beginning to post up results from the ATP 1.1 test kits, interesting results, love to see yours. Beware, there are some photo gods over there, principals from Ilford, Fuji and Calumet, former Kodak chemists, photo magazine owners, and some near great talents that have little tolerance for cat snaps. If it doesn't pass the smell test they will call you on it, definitely not for the thin skinned.

Technidol?!..Damn you have some nice friends.

That's interesting indeed. Have to drop by soon then. I still haven't found the perfect opppurtunity to shoot the ATP but I'm desperate to see how they will do. Also bought some IR-film but still have to get a filter. unfortunately my filtersize is 82 and that makes it very expensive..but analogue so rulezzz!

Too bad the new darkroom is still not up and running, we have a leackage in the cellar and the plummer has to pay us a visit first before repainting everything. Lack of time is a killer :( but hopefully soon we'll have like 2 weeks off and can fix those things.

APUG is in any way more valuable than the school I'm attending now. Thinking of quiting it. I've spent 7 yrs studying it and I'm getting real tired of it as it doesn't satisfy me anymore.

But we'll see....