NorCal Summer Meet 6/28/2008

jp11801

The summer NorCal meet is set up for Saturday 6/28/2008 in San Mateo at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in the Iris room. The room is 1100 square feet and will hold 18 6 foot tables. This set up should hold up to 36 member rigs or less with vendor set ups. We have the room from 10am to 6pm we have power on all four walls but members will need to bring power strips to distribute power. I will be contacting the usual vendors to see if there is an interest in coming to our meet. Craig from Eddie Current has said he should be there with a new amp that he has been fine tuning since CanJam.

Here is the Hotel information Hilton Garden Inn Hotel San Mateo California - San Mateo Airport Hotel - San Mateo, CA Hotels

They are located right off 92 and they are 8 miles from San Francisco airport. This location is easy to get to from both San Francisco and San Jose and is right across the Bay for our East Bay members.

The hotel normally has rates of $99 a night but if we have 5 or more people who express interest in attending from out of town we cab get a slightly reduced rate possibly.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add that I'll be bringing my usual gear:

Home:

HP2, Headphile modified K340, Darth Beyers

Tarted out SP Extreme Platinum

eXemplar Denon 2900

Bedside:

Yuin PK2 (probably only for my use)

Custom HeadAmp AE-2 (custom colors and engraving)

iPod

I think that Stacy will come. If so, I can bring one other person w/ gear. If she doesn't come, I can bring two addition people w/ gear.

thanks the rate the coordinator talked about was around $85 so we'll see. I'd love to get a few SoCal members there for this.

$85 would be great. I just looked up the cost on their web site and $104 was the best I could find with AARP discount. Where does the $99 come from, not that $5 would stop me?

In (obviously). As mentioned elsewhere, I will probably bring the Rockhopper 6-channel Balanced Beta22, a balanced source, and some balanced cans (Ed. 9, RS-1, PS-1, HD650/600 etc.). Maybe I will also bring the Stax 007t and 4070s or maybe i will just bring the 4070s and use Ric's amps.

Who else is flying/driving in from out of town for this one! Huh? Come on, bring on the 'Cases!

this thing could get large fast we have 18 sign ups in one day! Nice mix of newbies and Bay Area regulars. These meets do a nice job of showing folks what's possible with headphones, they wreck alot of lives.

We need an amp for neilvg's he stats and the HE90s I do not think the ES2 leaves the house anymore

bah if flights were cheaper i could go, sucks...i know that LA crew sure knows how to Party....

John, Al, you better get some nice picks of the night life =)

I'm sure that the LA crew can party, but this meet is almost 400 miles from LA so there may not be many SoCal people there. Not to worry however, the NorCal crew parties pretty well too. ;)