DC/Baltimore Regional Meet, August 2nd

grawk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusty, that last idea looks wonderful. The only thing standing in the way is if I have to bring a lot of work with me, and I won't know until Wed or Thurs. If not too bad, I'd love to just hang out; if a lot, I'm going back to my original plan, rent a car and just drive to the hotel to get things done so I won't miss the fun later.

Edited by boomana

I think I'm in for this one. Just talked to Mike and he's seriously thinking about coming. I need info from the Florida people about your flights, I'll try to get something in the same window.

EDIT: just saw Vicki's departing flight. Arriving will be somewhat limited to leaving after work, no sooner than about 6PM from Tampa.

I think I'm in for this one. Just talked to Mike and he's seriously thinking about coming. I need info from the Florida people about your flights, I'll try to get something in the same window.

EDIT: just saw Vicki's departing flight. Arriving will be somewhat limited to leaving after work, no sooner than about 6PM from Tampa.

:prettyprincess:

EDIT: I think Mike is arriving around 5-something at BWI. I'm arriving around 12:30, and am either hanging out with Dusty or going straight to the hotel.

Edited by boomana

Yup, I'll post contact information for me as the time gets closer, or email me from the link on here, it goes to my phone. The shady grove metro is the close one.

Cool, thanks a lot. Just to be clear, I am talking about Friday evening, not Saturday, because I can't go to the meet due to a conflict.

I think I just finally cleared the schedule for Aug 2nd!

I'll bring the Qualia 007 SA-CD system with K-1000. Grado SR-325 with HP-1000 drivers. And some SACDs to listen to. I have the speakers for the 007, but not sure if there would be interest on speakers?

Also, please count me in for $ contribution for the place. I will contribute even in the unlikely event that I would not attend the meet.

Cheers!!

I'm getting pretty excited, not just to hang out with you guys, but am also hopeful that I'll be able to do some extensive comparisons with my future rig. I bought tkam's APL Phillips as a second source at it will be at the dc meet. Don't know if Hirsch is coming, but he has a Exemplar Denon 2900, and so there is a possibility both my sources will be present to try out with the KGBH SE. Also hoping Justin may bring along the tube options he's mentioned. I'm bringing the O2 MKIs I picked up from postjack, and Todd and Justin should have the MKIIs. This should be fun.

Hirsch won't know until the day of, whether or not he's coming. He's got a big pen thing he's preparing for. I think he's slowly abandoning us headphone-people. (Or at least it's slowly taking a further and further back seat.):sadcat:

Yah, I know. I sent him a pm. If he and/or the Exemplar can't make an appearance, that's okay (though I would love to meet him as he's been very helpful to me in the past with tube recs in lengthy emails), but it would just be icing on the cake for me to be able to compare both the Phillips and the Denon with the KGBH SE at the meet.

Okay, I wasn't sure you had communicated with him, and since I knew what was going on for a change, I thought I'd volunteer the information.

Yah, I figured that, so thanks. :)

I heard back from Hirsch, and he's going to try, and if can make it, he'll bring the Denon and maybe (no commitment) the ES-1, HE-90s, and more O2s. Between that, the KGSS, and the BHSE, it looks like this is turning into a stat meet. Since immtbiker's also coming now, I hope he can bring the Chinese estats. I haven't much liked them so far (good, but not my cup of tea), but I haven't listened to them since MOA and would like to give them another chance out of the BH.