Power Cables and sh(tuff)

ilikebananafudge

So I just bought some Iron Lung Jellyfish Power cables, an improvement from the stock stuff on my amp and DAC. But I was wondering if having a fairly cheap power strip (an absolute necessity in my dorm room) would negate the effect of the better power cables? I don't really know much about electronics, cables, or anything that has to do with anything in my entire audio set-up... so some good input would be much appreciated.

Alternatively, do any of you think that I just wasted my money on the power cables and that they won't make a noticeable difference in sound quality? I'd be interested if that's what you thought as well.

I tried 6 differents powercord.

- VD Master 3

- VD Nite Platinum

- VD Power 3

- Verastarr silver reference

- and 2 differents gauge standard powercord.

They all have their sonority like use different RCA cable ...

I tried on 2 different dac, computer, cd player and tube amp, transistor amp. On all those stuff, I still hear similar improvements.

Cheap one I tried don't offer real improvement over stock .. it's more a side move .. little bit different but overall not sure if was better or not.

Another thing you can try is a PowerConditioner. I own Tripplite LC1200, it's have a positive effect on the sonority. When combined with a good powercable I am not sure I hear really a benefict ... if yes, it's small.

What I hear from power cable:

- Width of soundstage

- Depth of soundstage

- Details

- Dynamics

- Extention (highs/bass)

- Mid's detached from the background

- Mid's bass more predominant or less

- Black background

- Neutrality ...

8-)

If you can upgrade something else for the powercable price... do that before. IMO cables are the finetuning. You have to match them with the rest of your system. If you change your system after, the cables you took are not necessary the best match anymore.

My computer have the best soundcard on the market. The only way to improve it is using better interconnect, power cable, power conditionner ... It's why I put a fancy powercord on it and I am happy! 8-)

If you know someone with a good powercord, ask him to have it for a couple of weeks ...

I tried 6 differents powercord.

- VD Master 3

- VD Nite Platinum

- VD Power 3

- Verastarr silver reference

- and 2 differents gauge standard powercord.

They all have their sonority like use different RCA cable ...

I tried on 2 different dac, computer, cd player and tube amp, transistor amp. On all those stuff, I still hear similar improvements.

Cheap one I tried don't offer real improvement over stock .. it's more a side move .. little bit different but overall not sure if was better or not.

Another thing you can try is a PowerConditioner. I own Tripplite LC1200, it's have a positive effect on the sonority. When combined with a good powercable I am not sure I hear really a benefict ... if yes, it's small.

What I hear from power cable:

- Width of soundstage

- Depth of soundstage

- Details

- Dynamics

- Extention (highs/bass)

- Mid's detached from the background

- Mid's bass more predominant or less

- Black background

- Neutrality ...

8-)

If you can upgrade something else for the powercable price... do that before. IMO cables are the finetuning. You have to match them with the rest of your system. If you change your system after, the cables you took are not necessary the best match anymore.

My computer have the best soundcard on the market. The only way to improve it is using better interconnect, power cable, power conditionner ... It's why I put a fancy powercord on it and I am happy! 8-)

If you know someone with a good powercord, ask him to have it for a couple of weeks ...

Upgraded power cord on your computer :palm:

If you're going to buy snakeoil might as well buy it from the best known con artists right [VD]?

GPH, me and FinAxe had 5 differents powercables at the last meet ... no one was interested to test them.

We can't do more than that.

If we bring them, it's because we think it's worth the trouble to bring them. 8-)

I think a simple VeraStarr at 125$ it's not a high price and will give you as much as my 800$ (nite platinum). They don't have the same sound but they equal in performances. Bass on the VeraStarr are pretty amazing ... highs very crips, soundstage is between Nite and Master and it's very dynamic cable.

125$ on a littledot ... it's perfectly logical and not excessive. This cable is pretty flexible too ... Master is pretty ridicully stiff and hard to install. For for "vocal's" lover, the Master still the best cable I heard for that.

But you don't heard them .. so you can't agree or not agree. 8-(

It is my belief that if you hear major differences between power cords, your PSU(s) suck. Of course I just use a couple of Bob Crump asylum cords that I built back when I was trying to get sucked into the cable thing. Of course its your money...

BTW, VD sure were a class act on HF... they would be the last people to get any of my money.