• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2968329297_fa4784b5e6.jpg

2968329291_d1a673886c.jpg

2968329289_836f73c26f.jpg

this sounds really fuckin' good!

Man, I've forgotten how much I love Mechanical Animals. I'll have to track down a copy of this on vinyl. Am I out of line to ask how much it set you back?

me today:

Metallica.jpg

Metallica - Black Album (original Elektra vinyl)

Iggy-And-The-Stooges-Raw-Power-Del-1973-Delantera.jpg

Iggy Pop - Raw Power

think this might be the shittiest SQ ever on an album?

Man, I've forgotten how much I love Mechanical Animals. I'll have to track down a copy of this on vinyl. Am I out of line to ask how much it set you back?
no, not at all... i think i scored big time, though, as i didn't really know what i was buying at the time. there are two versions as far as i gather after a bit of late night research -- you want the colored vinyl one. i spent $25 plus tax and didn't even know the vinyl was colored because i decided not to have the Amoeba clerk open the LP for inspection.

Neutral Milk Hotel "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" is probably the crappiest recording I have. It's close to unlistenable on any playback system.

its also the most overrated indie album of all time. seriously, I don't see what people love about that record.

no, not at all... i think i scored big time, though, as i didn't really know what i was buying at the time. there are two versions as far as i gather after a bit of late night research -- you want the colored vinyl one. i spent $25 plus tax and didn't even know the vinyl was colored because i decided not to have the Amoeba clerk open the LP for inspection.

nice, thanks. there is one for $50 on ebay right now, not sure if its colored or not.

its also the most overrated indie album of all time. seriously, I don't see what people love about that record.

I must have listened to that album 100 times. I adore it in every way. I only picked it up about 3 years ago, and e'er since it has been one of my top ten. I won't bore you with a "love it or hate it" cliche, I'll only say that it makes me happy every time I listen to it.

0042283606227_l.jpg

i've been utterly disappointed by these new vinyl releases from Metallica -- this one is noticeably better than KTA, but the vinyl is still noisy and the sound quality has an unfortunate veil and muted like quality to it. i feel like a fool as i still might buy their new black album too as it might be the best one. :palm:

LiveatMasseyHall.jpg

this is really excellent sounding -- i got the reprise pressing and it is awesome.

No, that would be radiohead - ok computer.

me, I'm listening to:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Great-Jazz-Piano-Phineas-Newborn/dp/B000000YLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1230437263&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Great Jazz Piano of Phineas Newborn Jr.: Phineas Newborn: Music[/ame]

on lp