What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

I don't know if you're a fan, or just sampling, but they have a lot of great stuff that didn't make the Best Of. "Universal Men" and "African Litany" are both worth seeking out. I have fond (though hazy) memories of a very impaired night out on the town with Johnny Clegg in the late 80s, so my soft spot for his music even extends to owning much of the fairly diabolical later output.

Listening to: The Stone Roses -- The Stone Roses

9743793509a041b589ef5110.L.jpg

^^^

I don't know if you're a fan, or just sampling, but they have a lot of great stuff that didn't make the Best Of. "Universal Men" and "African Litany" are both worth seeking out. I have fond (though hazy) memories of a very impaired night out on the town with Johnny Clegg in the late 80s, so my soft spot for his music even extends to owning much of the fairly diabolical later output.

I've been a big fan since "Scatterlings" came out on vinyl in the early 80s. I've got most of Jaluka's and Savuka's releases on LP and only two Jaluka CDs. I've also got a bootleg tape of their concert at the Park West in Chicago from way back. It ends with a wonderful long drum/percussion solo. This morning, I had to work at my desk, so I put the "Best of" on the #1 rig since it had the longest uninterupted playing time.

And Stone Roses are damn fine, too. :D