What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a nostalgia thing. My mother used to listen to him a lot (along with Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., 101 Strings, Englebert Humperdinck, and the like) when I was growing up (so I immediately rebelled and listened to Foreignor Black Sabbath and Wonder Stuff Aerosmith), so every year on this date, I listen to a lot of weird things.

NP:

Love%20Is%20Blue_LP_front_cover.jpg

What did you think? Not high on the list of my well liked Jackie albums.

Can I butt in?

...honestly i never liked any of the jackie albums to the extent of other artists. They're not bad, but I usually dig a less acidic sax tone. He's a long way from, say, Hawkins or Hodges.

This one isn't all that acidic, and is more on the boring side although I have not listened to it more than twice.

Holy shit new Pure Reason Revolution album? Must find it now

Better/worse than The Dark Third?

Bizarro-land. Much of it is great, but there's an electro-funk track or two. Me, personally -- I don't mind. Love it, in fact. But their established fans are going to visibly flinch the first time they hear it.

Please make sure you're videotaping yourself when you go to hear it.

For those of you who can't read the sticker, I'll transcribe it for you:

Somes have come up with an alborn that bids for the leavyweight crown of batsh rock" - The Guardian

'epic and antibiotics' The Times

'...if there's any justice, millonaires will be citied aborigide...the greatest batsh rock records of this decade' Q mingstion

sutures the pringles

'iknow what i'm hole for',

'just the fired containg'

we're garnz triss yo/, and comin'

(whacks OCR machine on side a couple times)

Alright, it's not perfect.