Best all-in-one printer/scanner/copier?

Well, I went with the Reksomendation. I got the same type of Brother laser all-in-one but without fax capability for $300 cheaper. The somewhat simpler model I bought is normally $500 but was $309 at Office Depot. Paid $50 for the extra 2 years of free replacement given that I saved $200 off normal price and $300 off what I went there to spend. Anyway, it works like a charm and we have a document feeder for copies for the first time at home. High volume toner cartridges mean replacing them seldom, so I am pretty psyched. Thanks for the input Reks, Pars and Slacker. Oh, and the Canon models within reason were all monochrome so I went with the Brother for Color. O0

It's pretty hard to go wrong with a laser if you can find one that fits your budget. Glad you found something you like! When I bought the Canon, I couldn't find a laser cheap enough, since like you, we needed color for the kids particularly. Still on my first set of cartridges also.

It's pretty hard to go wrong with a laser if you can find one that fits your budget. Glad you found something you like! When I bought the Canon, I couldn't find a laser cheap enough, since like you, we needed color for the kids particularly. Still on my first set of cartridges also.

I bought my Brother Laser printer 5 years ago. I have spent exactly $45 including shipping to replace the toner once. It is still going strong. It was easily one of the best computer related purchases I have ever made.

Good to hear the Brother can last. ;)

We have our printer on an Airport Express so I skipped the wireless models. It works really well from desktop and laptops all over the house. Excellent solution. If my wife wanted a music setup down there, I do that as well, but she just uses those little round Apple speakers that came with an older iMac (with an adapter (iFire?) I bought years ago).

One question for those in the know, is it possible to connect the AE to a printer with an ethernet input? The setup refers to USB printers and that is how I have always hooked them up, including this one. I was wondering if the ethernet would be faster or something.

Wireless is slow as hell, best bet is something with a NIC. Plug it into your router and your good to go. We have a Brother MFC has been great, it about 5 years old and never a problem. Definitely go for the Laser if you can. My only gripe is I have B/W set as default and you would think I could replace a B/W cartridge once and awhile, but, noooooooooooooo, the fucking color tanks get used for the ocassional cleaning process even though I dont use them in the first place. Its in the firmware and cant be changed. They will get you one way or the other. I had limited space and this model worked size wize so I opted for the inkjet, big mistake, get a Laser with a NIC.

Well, you ought to use your color tanks once in a while anyway, so the nozzles don't dry out.

I see what you mean but Brother has taken care of that. Every third Black tank and I need to replace the color tanks. Oh, forgot, it will not print at all unless all the tanks have adequate ink levels.